| Chapter 9 |

I wake up early the next morning. At- 6:45.

"Nixx? Are you up?" I ask into the darkness.

"Yeah no sh- I mean yeah, I'm nocturnal I was about to go to sleep." He responds from in front of me.

"Oh, sorry go ahead, I'm gonna go downstairs to see if they need help in the bakery."

He yawns, "Okay, bring me some celery back please?"

I get up and turn the light on. "Of course."
I grab some jeans, and a tee shirt and leave the room.

I stretch and cross to the bathroom where I brush my teeth and hair.

I head downstairs to see Sabine getting ready for the day. She was doing yoga and I just admire her.

"Good morning." She says while doing a feathered peacock.

"Good morning, is Tom downstairs?"

"Yes he is." She says coming down to do a downward dog.

"Thank you!" I quickly walk through the house and down another flight of stairs. Reaching the bottom step I see Luka waiting at the counter.

"Good morning Luka!" I greet.

"Oh, hi Y/n." He smiles, "I'm just waiting to order."

I walk behind the counter, "What can I get for you today?"

He chuckles, "A small bag of croissants, 12 Coconut macarons, and 2 chocolate eclairs."

"I'll grab those, be right back." I go into the bakery and see Tom working.

"Good morning Tom! I need 12 coconut macarons, I have the rest of the order up front."

"Good morning, there are some croissants over there." He gestures to a clear box.

"Thanks!"

I grab them and put them in a bag.

"Here are the macarons," I say handing the bag to him, "let me grab the rest." I open the big case to the left of the counter and grab the rest of his order placing them in bags.

"Here you go!"

"Thank you." He grins handing me the money.

"It's no problem. Have a good one!"

He gives a small nod and walks out.

(~)

"Thank you for helping today Y/n." Tom says gratefully as he walks out. "But Sabine can do the counter now, you go ahead and get lunch or something."

"You're welcome, and thank you!" I grin going upstairs. I grab some celery from the fridge before going all the way up.

"Get up Nixx, it's time to head out." I say tossing the celery at him.

He grins, "yes ma'am."

I grab a sweater and he flies inside the pocket. I grab my purse and sling it across my shoulders.

I step out and I'm face to face with Marinette.
She glares at me before she saunters into the bathroom.

I roll my eyes at her attitude and leave the house.

Stepping outside I take a deep breath of fresh air. I start walking down the road, in search of somewhere to eat.

Twenty minutes later I find a cat cafe. Perfect.
I walk in and look around. I'm in an enclosed space with instructions.

1.Take off shoes before entering.

2.no outside food or drinks allowed

3.watch your step!