Chapter 20. Home

Annabeth's POV

"We're going to miss you," Feya murmurs, hugging me tightly. I smile softly and move away from her grasp, letting Percy take my hand. "We'll miss you too, Feya."

My white gown flowed in the wind, in sync with my hair. Feya smiles at us, masking her worry. Percy and I walked over to the ship, the captain was rounding up the crewmates. Overthinking is my specialty... which is what I was currently doing. What if the ship hits something and throws us overboard?

Percy clicks his tongue and tussles my hair playfully, I glare at him and fix my hair. "Goodbye, Feya."

We get to the ship and let the captain lead us to our rooms. He explained how long this trip would take, what would happen if the weather took a turn for the worse, and the path we would take. I nodded at him gratefully before settling in at the desk. I found some paper and a pen.

Drawing diagrams for ideas helped soothe me. I drew the main part of the building, then the dimensions.

༄𖦹𓇽

Percy pulls up a chair beside me, looking over my shoulder. I glance up at him before pushing him away from me. The sky has grown dark, this trip is supposed to take three days. Compared to the trip the Prince of Thieves took us on, this felt like vacation. It was sort of soothing.

It was weird being on a ship after last time, but I could deal. A maid came into my room and handed me a pair of pants and a shirt. I nod gratefully at her and shoo Percy out of my room.

"We have been told to help the Princess of Wisdom get ready, the butlers are helping the Prince of the Sea get ready," The maid smiles and waves her hand to the door. Three more maids walked in, each of them with their hair in an updo. I smile and roll up the designs I was working on.

"My name is Allie, this is Hayden," Allie bends over a bit to see the others, "That's Jaylyn, and then that is Lauren."

I nod and ask, "What do you need to get me ready for?"

"I think your father had sent a letter to the captain," Lauren starts, going through the selection of clothing she had brought with her. My eyebrows shoot up in surprise, my mind races with the possibilities.

"He wants your photograph taken to put into the newspaper, to show everyone that the Princess and Prince have been found and are being safely taken home."

I nod and let Lauren slip my clothing off and put me into a skirt and a shirt, the skirt is white and the shirt is light yellow. Lauren shakes her head and hands me a different outfit. It's a black, frilly dress that hugs my waist. It has spaghetti straps.

I slip it on and the maids all smile, nodding. Allie and Hayden come over and start doing my hair. Braiding it back and putting flowers in it. They gave me my classic tiara and I put it on. It gives me my glint back, after a week of not wearing it.

The maids look at me, then down at their supplies. They grab the makeup and throw some blush on my pale face.

༄𖦹𓇽

Percy and I stand near each other on the deck, the beautiful moon shines down on us. Some of the brighter stars make the shape of a girl holding a bow and arrow. One of the crewmates looked up at it, murmuring something, "Zoe Nightshade, we miss you."

I look up at it once more before smiling for the camera. Percy smiles as well, they take the photograph and shoo us away. Rushing off to the maids, they help us find comfier clothing for a ship compared to the outfits we were put into. There was a slight breeze, it soothed me.

Allie handed me some shorts and a big T-shirt, extremely immodest for a princess to be wearing. I thank her anyway; changing into the outfit. I let her take the braided bun out of my hair and put my hair into a normal messy bun. She wipes my makeup off for me and I smile in gratitude.

I walk back out onto the deck and find Percy in sweatpants and a T-shirt conversing with some people. I came up next to them and stood next to the girl he was talking with, a pit had formed in my stomach when I had seen them together. I wasn't used to the feeling, but it made me angry.

It was like something was eating me alive, making me feel like Percy was being stolen from me. My mind was racing with all sorts of thoughts, such as 'what if Percy likes this girl more than me? What if she steals him from me?'

I hated it.

Leave me alone mind, gods above.

I shake away those thoughts and smile at everyone, basically daring them all to question why I moved over here. Percy grins at me and I glare at him, crossing my arms. The girl just gives a soft smile before continuing what she was saying.

Percy stared at her intently, listening to everything she said. I kept a poker face, although my mind was racing. 'What if she does actually steal him from me...' I thought, I listened as she finished talking about the blue whale she had seen earlier.

Percy added onto the conversation by casually stating that he has hydrokinesis and can control water. I knew this already, as I grew up in Namasteria. It wasn't fun–to say the least. Being sworn enemies by blood took a toll on friendships. Especially since the Sea Kingdom is the kingdom over from mine.

I still hate Percy–don't get me wrong. He is insufferable, and doesn't know how to control his own actions. He is dumb as well, he just takes risks and... what if he doesn't come back alive next time? No! Stop thinking about that brain, we're supposed to hate him gods dammit!

Percy taps on my shoulder repeatedly, annoying me to death. "What?" I snap, hitting his hand.

"Why are you zoning out?" He asks.

I shrug and say, "I don't know, I'm fine, though."

He looks at me skeptically, shrugging after about a minute of staring at each other. "You're insufferable," I murmur.

He gasps in fake offense, grasping his chest. I roll my eyes and say, "I'm gonna head to bed, goodnight guys."

Percy nods, "Goodnight, Wise Girl,"

I glare at him, "You do realize that's a compliment, right, Seaweed Brain?"

He purses his lips, "Uhm..."

I smirked and headed to bed, the sheets were cold and inviting. As I sank into the covers and rested my head on the pillow, I started thinking. About whom, you may ask. No one in particular.

Just why I was feeling this warm feeling whenever I was around Percy. About why I felt a pit in my stomach when he talked to that other girl.

I drift off to sleep after about 15 minutes.

༄𖦹𓇽

About two days later we were starting near Namasteria. Excitement was drilled into my bones, I wondered what people were going to say.

We could see the land, it would take another few hours to get to the dock. The maids were working overtime to get Percy and I to be presentable. I was to wear my kingdom's signature color, Percy was to wear his.

The maids brought out a gray gown, it wasn't an overbearing ball gown thankfully. It went down to my mid-calf, and easily flowed in the wind. I slipped into it and allowed the maids to do my hair. They put it down naturally, but with half of it back in a braid. I put on my tiara and some jewelry.

The maids then put some lip gloss, mascara, and blush on me. I walk out of the room and sit on a lounge chair, awaiting Percy.

༄𖦹𓇽

We're at the docks now, being helped onto the ground. We're in the Sea Kingdom and there is a carriage waiting for us. We have to go back to the capital for the ball. It isn't exciting but it is necessary for us to find our soulmates.

༄𖦹𓇽

Author's Note

It's a miracle guys–I posted. It's been quite a while so... hi! Have you drank any water? Eaten anything? Are you taking care of yourself? I felt so fucking bad when I realized I haven't updated in literally months. But it's here now, so don't fret children! Goodnight // morning // afternoon or whatever it is for you!
(Posted on 02-26-24)
(Word Count: 1458)