Chapter 6. Somewhere Safe

SHORT CHAPTER
I'M IN A WRITERS BLOCK CURRENTLY, SO SORRY!

Percy

I had started talking to these princes, Prince Jason, Prince Frank, and Prince Leo.

We immediately clicked and started talking about random things.

We were sitting on my bed, my bed is directly next to a window. We had opened the window because it felt like it was 90 degrees (Fahrenheit).

The window looked out towards the courtyard, where three girls were walking.

I recognized two of them, Rachel Elizabeth Dare, my childhood best friend, and Princess Annabeth Chase. The other girl I think was Princess Piper, but I don't completely know.

Rachel had her painting bag, Princess Annabeth looked at it and Rachel's eyes lit up.

I chuckled, Rachel does love to paint.

Their mouths moved, I could only catch a little bit of their conversation.

Stuff about painting and showing it to each other.

Rachel pulled out a canvas and showed it to them.

Princess Annabeth gasped while looking at the painting.

"Do you not like it?" Rachel asked. "No...no! I do! It's just... I saw the same thing in my dream," Princess Annabeth said.

Suddenly, Princess Annabeth's eyes went wide and she gasped. I saw some sort of dolphin and ocean in her eyes.

She gasped again and her eyes flicked back and forth, as if reading a book or flicking through the pages of a book.

She screamed and her hand moved to her upper neck.

She collapsed and the other girls caught her and were screaming in a matter of seconds.

"Shit!" I screamed and opened the window wide enough for me to jump out.

"What are you doing!?" Prince Jason asked. "Something!" I said, jumping out of the window.

I landed on the soft grass and ran towards them.

I took Princess Annabeth from Rachel and Princess Piper's arms.

I princess carried her and ran.

"PERCY!" Rachel screamed. "It's fine!" I yelled. I looked back and Rachel's mouth stayed wide open but she rolled her eyes at me.

I ran off and through the halls of the capital.

"Pr-Prince Pers-Perseus?" Princess Annabeth muttered. "Yes?" I asked. "Wha-what are you doing?" She murmured. "Taking you somewhere safe," I said.

Her head rested on my shoulder and I looked down at her.

She glared up at me but seemed too weak to do anything.

I grinned.

"I hate you," she said in a joking tone. "Well, you screamed, I heard, I jumped out of a window to get to you, and am now taking you somewhere safe! Guess I'm your Prince Charming! Now... how to reward me?" I said sarcastically.

She laughed quietly.

"Do...do you think the prophecy is real?" Princess Annabeth asked. "Yeah... but it couldn't be this year! NUH UH!" I said.

She laughed loudly now.

It was the least lady-like thing I'd ever heard.

I loved it.

I was walking to nowhere in particular.

I just enjoyed the feeling of her small figure in my arms.

She smells good, like lemons.

I saw a room with a little window in the door.

I started toward it and looked through the window.

No one was in it, but there were couches and a huge window that covered the entire wall.

I opened the door.

I set her on the couch and closed the door.

"This is somewhere safe? Really?" Princess Annabeth asked. "Yes, it is," I said.

She rolled her eyes and lay down on the couch I put her on.

She shivered.

Now that I notice, this room is weirdly cold.

I put the white fluffy blanket that was on my couch over her and gave her a pillow.

She put her head on the pillow and shut her eyes.

I walked over to her (when I was 100% sure she was asleep) and kissed her temple.

Right as I kissed her temple I heard a camera shudder and looked up.

Princess Silena, Princess Piper, and Rachel were grinning from ear-to-ear and Princess Silena was holding a camera.

I glared at them, stroked Princess Annabeth's arm softly, and whispered, "Sweet dreams," into her ear.

I walked back to my couch and looked out the window.

I glared at the three girls and they left.

I looked at Princess Annabeth, she was so peaceful with her blonde curls hanging loose and her well-manicured hands up to her face.

She's so beautiful.

Author's Note
Okay, guys, I FINALLY updated, I feel extremely bad for not updating in like a month.

And then I update with a small chapter.

I don't even have an excuse other than writer's-block.

Sooo...

(Posted On: Friday, June 23, 2023, at 12:36 AM)
(Word Count: 786)