Chapter 19. Unknown World

Sorry, this is short. I don't have much inspiration right now.
Annabeth
I wake up in Percy's arms, feeling safer than the day before.

Percy yawns quietly, looking down at me with adoration in his beautiful irises. I probably look terrible, as I've been in battle for a lengthy time. Dryness coats my eyes when I try blinking. My eyes water painfully, and I rub away the pain.

I exit Percy's arms and walk to the pavilion that houses many injured Fae.

All of them were sleeping or healing—I wish we had never come here. I want to go back home with my neglectful family. At least there, I don't have to fight.

Percy gets up and walks over with ease; his moves are swift and stealthy. I looked at him questioningly but soon knew why he was doing such a thing.

An Evil Fae was still alive, stalking up to me. I quickly used some aura to take it out.

I collapsed on the floor afterward, my weak form unknowing of the danger soon to come.

Annabeth in the Future
I wish I hadn't used that aura; if I hadn't, I wouldn't be covered in unusual liquids.

Although, if I hadn't used it... I wouldn't be on this boat.

Percy
As Annabeth collapsed, I felt my legs go weak. I somehow didn't collapse, but my hydrokinesis went berserk.

Within the second, the entire area was soaked in liquid. But... it didn't look like water. There was a tug in my gut.

Feya rushed over—her hair flowing in the wind. Her eyes showed fear.

I picked Annabeth up, her head laid on my shoulder lazily.

I tried to stop my hydrokinesis, but I couldn't. I've lost control.

My vision was rimmed with red. I held Annabeth tighter.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths; I could hear Feya's aura.

"Not tonight..." Feya whispers; her voice is weak and brittle. I opened my eyes and saw her standing there; gold light burst out of her.

I closed my eyes again.

I could feel Annabeth's arms wrapping around my neck tightly.

The tug in my gut stops.

I open my eyes; the liquid has disappeared, and... so has Feya. Aeden rushes to the scene. His aura grabs something from deep inside the forest.

Outcomes Feya, her form is much taller than before. Her eyes glowed.

"I'm... tired," She whispers to her husband. He looks at her with worry; she shrinks back to her original height.

They hug; the amount of emotion in that one hug is all a mortal feels in their lifetime.

Aeden looks at Annabeth and me; his mouth opens to say something. "Most of mortal love is at the ending... don't waste it; you two have a connection no one else does."

I feel something drop onto my shoulder.

I look down at Annabeth and can see her crying softly, and there is a smile on her face.

I look back at Aeden; he and Feya are smiling.

I looked back at Annabeth, and the only thought in my mind was: you are like an angel to me...

"So much of your lives are in the unknown, so live them to the fullest. We have everything ready for you to return to your home," Feya says.

A smile shows up on my face, more prominent than the moon.

"One of our people will bring you to the ship, and then you'll be on your way,"

I let Annabeth out of my arms to head to the boat.

☼✯

play song now
third person POV
The two look out over the sea; Percy's arm surrounds Annabeth.

No words were being exchanged, but you could tell there was happiness. The ocean looked beautiful in the night sky, the moon glinting on their sun-kissed skin.

Annabeth leaned her head on his shoulder; her grey eyes were the same color as the moon.

Do you know I could break beneath the wave of the goodness, love, I still carry for you... those words play through the air.

Annabeth looks shocked that she can hear them... those words her mother said to her when she was seven. Still young and free...

Author's Note
welp... I updated? It's not the best chapter lmfao
(Posted On: November 12, 2023)
(Word Count: 719)