Chapter 1. A Ball?

Annabeth
"Mother, Father, why are we going to a ball for no reason? There's always got to be a reason!" I complained. "Daughter, there doesn't need to be a reason!" Father said.

I rolled my eyes, "Well do I have to wear one of those big poofy gowns?" I asked. "Yes," Father said bluntly. "NO! I can't wear one of those things, I'll go mad!" I screamed, staring up at my Father's huge throne.

It has a golden rope around the edges, and the cushion is red and puffy.

"I think you'll live Daughter." My Mother laughed. "WILL I?!" I screamed. "Yes, you will. Now go and get ready for lunch!" My Mother commanded.

I groaned out of annoyance and trudged out of the throne room.

"Annabeth, are you alright?" Paula, my servant, asked. "No, my Mother and Father have officially lost their minds. They want me to wear a freaking ball gown!" I ranted.

I looked over at Paula, her beautiful curly brown hair cascading down her shoulders and back. Her sharp jawline and tan skin contrasted. Her doe brown eyes were kind and caring.

She was only 24, but her family were stuck-up idiots and sold her to the royal family to get out of debt.

I treat her the best I can because occasionally she starts to break down, she always misses her little brother. He was only five when they sold her to us, she was only 18.

She was wearing a maid's outfit. We have assigned outfits to each maid, depending on who they are and what they do. Paula has a simple one, but it's also extremely comfortable.

 Paula has a simple one, but it's also extremely comfortable

Paula giggled and started leading me to my chambers.

We walked down the long halls. Our walking echoed through the large castle.

We found our way to my chambers, and she lead me to my closet that's the size of a commoner's whole house. I don't like my chambers, I want a small room and a small closet like a normal person.

"So, you're eating lunch. You want casual?" Paula said politely. "Yes, casual," I said smiling.

Paula went into my closet and came back out with a casual dress.