Chapter 2. The Festival

Annabeth
"HI-YAH!" Alexander yelled and the horses flew off.

I quickly settled into a comfortable position in the carriage, the seats were wood with white cushions. The circular walls were painted grey with white curtains covering the doors and windows.

I opened one of the curtains to the windows and looked outside. We were on a dirt road, trees littered the sides with buildings dotted randomly everywhere. I saw a few people walking with their families and dogs.

I saw Ella Hawk walking with her dog. Her dog was a golden retriever, its golden locks flowing in the wind. Ella was wearing a green dress with little white flowers on it.

 Ella was wearing a green dress with little white flowers on it

She was wearing platform sneakers.

She smiled at the carriage then continued on her walk

She smiled at the carriage then continued on her walk. My parents don't particularly like Ella Hawk because her best friend is from The Sea Kingdom, our long time rival, and even worse her best friend is Prince Tyson Jackson.

I like her, she doesn't follow rules and she has read basically every book ever created. She once recited a prophecy from over five hundred years ago. Of course, that prophecy hasn't come true yet, and we're hoping it never comes true.

I don't remember the whole thing, but here is the bit I remember:

A man and woman, young and in love
From different kingdoms of rivals, wanting to love
Their stories contrast and slowly fail
A woman from Wisdom
And a man from Sea

And that is all I remember, it isn't one of the scariest prophecy's ever spoken. But it hasn't happened yet and if my kingdom and Sea Kingdom align with soulmates one day they both will fail to comprehend the fact that the soulmates love each other. Then they would forcibly marry the soulmates to different people.

Well at least the Wisdom kingdom would do that, I don't know about the Sea Kingdom because I've never met anyone from there because my parents don't want me to. Sometimes I wish I could rebel against my parents, I've always felt this weird calling to the Sea Kingdom. Although I don't know why.