Chapter 7- Octopus Game (2/2)

The final set that Heather, Alejandro and the rest of the contestants arrived to was the same set as to where the first round took place, only the field was now designed as a gym course.

"Welcome contestants, to the final round of Octopus Game." Alejandro explained. "Since the final game of the show was deemed a little too dangerous to see onscreen, we've decided to replace with a good old game of..." Alejandro then got out a red rubber ball. "Dodgeball."

"Yes!!!" Chase said with ecstasy.

"Oh man..." Silas said in a nervous tone.

*Static*

"Back at school, I was always the one people would hit with a dodgeball..." Silas said with uncertainty until he became determined. "But I can't dwell on the past now. I have to play this in order for me to help my team, and stop Caleb from doing any more damage."

*Static*

"Not exactly what I thought for the final round, but hey, I'm game." MK said as she shrugged and didn't mind. "As long as I'm able to hit Julia and Nichelle with the dodgeball."

"Um, you do realize that we're on the same team?" Julia asked as she crossed her arms.

"Really? I would assume you were just two random dolls from the bargain bin." MK said with a smirk as she snickered, making Julia and Nichelle annoyed.

"Well, at least I can hit Chase over and over again with the dodgeball!" Emma said as she felt excited. "It'll be just like that pirate challenge we did last season, and I can't wait to hit him over and over again!"

"I look forward to that!" Chase said with a smirk.

"Don't get any ideas, Chase!!" Emma said in anger.

"Alright everyone, cool your jets, please." Heather said as everyone then stayed silent as she then explained the rules. "Alright, the rules for dodgeball are simple, you must throw a ball at the opposing team to knock out the other players. If you get hit by a ball, you're out, but if you catch a ball, the thrower gets sent out and the catcher gets to send one player back onto the court. You can use the ball to deflect another team's ball, but if your ball gets knocked out of your hands, you're out. The most important aspect of the game is to dodge the balls thrown by the other team. Now, you have three minutes to send five members of your team onto the court, and have some of your teammates sit out."

"Alright, we can't get lazy right now, we'll have a better shot if our strongest players are in the court first." Chase explained. "So Caleb, Raj, Wayne, Scaredy Girl and I, will play the first round."

"Sweet man." Zee said with a calm smile.

"Meh, at least this gives me some time to do my nails." Bowie said as he sat out, got a nail file and started to file his fingernails.

With the Komodo Dragons, they were discussing on which person gets to sit out and which players get out on the court. "Alright, we got this guys, we've come too far for us to lose now." Emma said to her team. "We are not going to spend another night in Economy Class, we are gonna beat these Tasmanian Devils, and ride our way to victory!"

"Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! We can do this, for sure!" Nichelle said with joy.

"Exactly, which is why we're letting you sit this one out." MK explained.

"What? How come?" Nichelle asked as she was confused.

"Well, no offense, but, you did sort of let us down last season when you revealed that you don't do your own stunts, or any physical effort." Emma said as she held her arm, making Nichelle feel discouraged.