026

9th july 2010

bono sits down at the table with the rest of the adults, conversing about the lovely weather that day. laughter filled the summer home's back garden as ryan, angel, eli, josh, john, mags and bobby ran around trying to hit each other with their plastic lightsabers.
"guys! be careful! these are from the actual film set!" elijah whines, making josh and ryan laugh to themselves.
"how much did your papa spend on them?" ryan says, teasing him. he folds his arms and walks inside.

"are you almost finished over there?" john calls over to the two sat underneath a tree, whilst angel runs inside after eli.
"nearly finished!" bobby calls back, finishing off the small padawan braid he was plaiting into mags' hair.
"look!" she points up at a bird who had landed on the branch above their heads.
"that's a magpie." he tells her. she turns around and laughs.
"no shit!"

damon walks over and gasps.
"maggie! where did you learn that word?"
"i heard uncle liam say it." she smiles, getting up and walking indoors with her dad. bobby follows behind them closely as the weather starts to drastically change. there's a knock at the front door and damon goes to answer it. the boy behind him's face drops as he sees his dad standing there.
"ah yeah you must be bobby's dad! i'm damon, maggie's dad." he goes to shake his hand but the man just walks past him, looking at his son.
"i know who you are, i'm here to pick up robert."

bobby turns to his friends and says goodbye.
"i'll see you tomorrow?" she smiles, fiddling with the braid in her hair.
"i've got football practice." he says sadly, waving at her as he walks out the door.

several hours pass after ryan and josh had also headed home and the four kids had changed into their pyjamas and were setting up one of living rooms for their movie night. ali had helped angel and mags make hot chocolates while john and eli made a pillow fort.
"eli stop! you're gonna make me spill it!" angel complains as he keeps hitting her with a pillow.
"eli! leave her alone!" his mum tells him off. he smirks and jumps onto the couch.

"let's watch a scary movie!" he suggests, holding his hot chocolate in his lap. john shakes his head.
"nooo i hate scary stuff!" angel says, already afraid from the sounds of rain pouring down the windows and occasional rumble of thunder.

the doorbell rings, scaring angel half to death. eli points at her laughing and they begin to hit each other with the pillows. mags rolls her eyes at the two and walks over to the door to answer it, calling for her dad in the adult's living room.

the door swings open and a bike drops onto the front door step.
"bobby?" she looks at him confused, while he stands there shivering. mags could tell something was wrong, and that the drops of water on his cheeks weren't from the rain.
"jesus mags what are you doing you'll freeze!" damon walks over whilst she stands outside to give bobby a tight hug, desperately trying to wipe his eyes.
"bobby? god what are you doing here it's pissing it down come in." he takes him out of mags arms and walks into the spare bedroom.

"what are you doing here you must be freezing in just that shirt." damon passes him one of eli's band shirts and some jeans.
"can i please stay here tonight?" bobby pleads, he didn't want to go back to the house where he felt judged for everything he said or did.
"of course son, let me get you some pyjama bottoms." damon smiles softly, going to get him some from the laundry room. bobby smiled to himself, that was the first time he'd ever been called son.

he comes back and hands it to bobby, letting him get changed while he goes to talk to mags.

"is everything okay?" she asks, worried for her friend.
"i'm not sure yet, i'm gonna have a word with him now but he's staying with us tonight so please be nice to him beetle. i think the lad's not entirely happy being at his house at the moment." she nods and heads into the kitchen.