Hellooo Nurse (John Laurens X Reader)

A/n Finally a John x Reader. Idk what else to say other than this one is historical AU. Also I was thinking about Animaniacs before writing this and that's where I got the Hello nurse idea. Anyways onto the oneshot. Also I think this one might be short.

Y/n's POV

I was treating ANOTHER soldier with only three hours of sleep to fuel me. Ever since the only nurse who was working with me was sent away for being a British spy I've been struggling to tend to all the soldiers. My cousin Alexander Hamilton has a group of friends that often bother me by walking in and wasting time. Especially Alexander's best friend. John Laurens.

Time skip...idk like a couple of days later.

I got decent hours of sleep and was enjoying the down time to myself. Alexander warned me that him and his friends went to the bar so they're most likely gonna bother me so I'm preparing for that.

Two hours later

"Hellooo nurseee." I heard a slurred voice say

"Hello John." I said annoyed. I know what's gonna happen next.

"Come onnnnn why so cranky?" He asked. Yep he's drunk.

"Do you need anything?"

"Yeah my eye it's itching, can you like get anti itch stuff you put on mosquito bites?"

I am so done with this boys shit.

"That's not possible." It's gonna burn his eyes, it won't hurt him permanently.

"Come onnnnn pleaseeee?" Eh why not. I gave him the ointment and helped him put it in his eyes.

"It hurtssss"
"It's supposed to sting."
"You know I love you y/n and I know you love me" John slurred.

"John you're drunk you don't know what you're saying."

"Or am I?"

"Yes, you are."

"Alright. Goodbyeee nurseee."

When he left I spent some time with myself thinking about what he said. He said he loved me but did he mean it or was he just really drunk? I didn't think much of it and went to sleep.

Literally twenty four hours later.

I was in my medical tent waiting for a dumbass injured soldier to walk in. I start to hear rain then began thinking about the hurricane in the Caribbean. (Remember y/n is alexander's cousin and she was recently kicked out of her home by her drunk parents)

Le flashback

"What's going on?" I yell as winds were picking up and I looked out the window to find homes being destroyed from all the winds.

"Y/n we need to find somewhere to hide! Quickly run to the basement!" Alexander yelled. I did as he asked. I ran to the basement and hid to find the whole basement flooded. I went all the way down to see the damage and the water was at my thighs.

"Alexander! We have a problem in the basement!" I said

Alexander came downstairs and when he saw me standing thigh deep in water we decided we'd just stay on the ground floor. The entire top floor of our house was destroyed and the roof was blown away, I was in the streets trying to find a house that was in better condition than ours. We ended up hiding in a bunker someone had and while we were down they're Alexander and I were brainstorming ideas on where to go to next. We decided on our other cousin, my older brother. We managed to find where he lives after a couple of years of not being in contact with him and now Alexander is attempting to get us to New York.

End of flashback.

I started to notice lighting, I wanted to head to Alexander's tent but I could barely bring myself to leave mine.

"I hate storms." I mumbled to myself.

"Just like Alexander huh?" I heard a surprise visitor say. It was John.

"Why are you here?" I asked

"Alexander is being scared in our tent and apparently I wasn't being helpful so I came here."

"If you don't need medical attention then you shouldn't be here." I said bluntly. I'm trying to cover up my fear with anger, I don't want John to see me scared, he might see me as weak.

*thunder clap (with lighting)*

Well that caused me to jump a bit and John might've still been there (trying to get himself hurt so he could stay).

"Are you okay? You jumped a little when the last struck of lighting came." John asked

"Y-yeah I'm j-just fine."

I don't think I convinced him.

"You're obviously scared, I'm staying here whether or not I need medical attention."

One hour later (10:00 pm)

I wanted to sleep but the storm prevented me from doing so, John was still here sitting on a random cot playing with a lose strand on his jacket. I was sitting at my desk slowly falling asleep, luckily it's just raining currently so not as terrifying.

*thunder clap*

I woke myself back up banging my head in the process.

"Ow..." I mumbled to myself.

"Are you okay? Do I need to bring you to the nurse?"

"Haha very funny John." I said sarcastically.

"Alright you sound like you need sleep so I'm just gonna leave-"

"Wait! Stay, I actually enjoy your company. Sleep on an extra cot if you need to but I just want you to stay."

Silence for a couple of seconds.

"I knew you loved me." John said.

"Shut up and sleep on the cot close to mine."

"Whatever you say."

End of chapter

A/n I'm back from my break (sorry for not updating for so long) and uhm I'm kinda stumped on stuff to write about so requests would be VERY helpful.