Hercules Mulligan x reader part 3

We were up most of the night me and Hercules were taking sleep shifts. We were searching a lot and we heard a familiar voice yell from very very distant scream 

"Retreat! Everyone, Retreat!"

"It's Lee...He wants us to retreat." Hercules said

"Alright let's get this horse back then." I said

About five hours later (Just some context you left the camp at 10 PM and it's currently the next day at 8 AM)

Most of us retreated back to camp but there was still no sign of General Lee or Washington. 

30 minutes later.

"Men. And women. We had to finish what we started, I apologize for the confusion that might have caused us when Lee had most of you guys retreat. We had Lafayette take the lead and had the British retreat so we're safe for now." General Washington said

"Y/N, LAFAYETTE, CHARLOTTE, ALEX, AND JOHN THERE'S A WINTER BALL COMING UP!!!!" Hercules yelled excitedly. 

"Who's it hosted by?" Charlotte asked

"The Schuylers." Hercules said

"Apparently all the soldiers currently fighting are invited." Alex said

"It says here on the invite it's next week...Should we go into town and pick out something to wear?" I said/asked

"Of course we should but we need to ask the general." Charlotte said

"You guys could come to my tailor shop. It's close by town so it's about a ten minute walk. Do you guys wanna come?" Hercules said

"Do we get a friends discount on clothing?" John asked

"Sure whatever as long as you guys come." 

We asked the general if we could go into town for this and luckily he said yes.

During the ten minute walk

"So how'd you get into tailoring?" Hercules asked me

"Oh um- I got into tailoring because it's part of my family's business and I got dragged into it. I do still love tailoring but I often feel like I only got into tailoring because my older sisters and parents did it."

A couple seconds later...

"So you're the youngest in your family?" Hercules asked

"Yes I have four older sisters, their names are Josephine (Oldest) Annie and Alice (the twins) and the one closest to my age is Grace. Josephine is about 30 currently, Annie and Alice are 27, Grace is about 24 and I'm currently 22." I said 

"So you have no brothers?" John asked

"No, it makes my father quite upset but he still loves us all." 

Flashback...

"It's another daughter." 

"Beatrice...when will you finally bring me a son I've been yearning for." 

"Maurice I'm so sorry but this may be my last child and we need to feel lucky to not have lost any of our children."

"Alright I will try to be happy with all my daughters, I actually have some ideas and uses for them." 

(A/N you don't really remember this because you were like fifteen hours old but your mom told you about it)

"Y/N we're here." Alexander said having you get out of trance.

Hercules unlocked his tailor shop and we all walked in and I felt like I was into a place a tailor would want to live in (I actually wanted to start living there).

"Come on let's walk around!" Charlotte said obviously excited out of her mind.

I walked around finding some amazing dresses I was interested in but I felt oddly awkward asking Herc for help or telling him that I want a certain dress. I finally built up the courage to ask him about this beautiful f/c dress and he asked me to try it on. It was a little big, he offered to help me tailor it and I was stupid enough to say yes. He was figuring out what to do with the back of the dress (with me still in the dress). I could feel my cheeks getting really hot, Charlotte, Lafayette, and Alexander gave me that look (I can't explain it, it's just that look). And Laurens was lost in the shop. Luckily he finished quickly so it fits now and we're all officially ready for the winters ball.

While we were walking Charlotte wanted to talk about me and Herc.

"I saw your cheeks turning red when Herc was helping you with the dress." 

"I just felt awkward, it was nothing really."

"You felt awkward because you obviously like him." 

"Sure whatever." I said bluntly

After the walk.

We were back at camp and I began writing letters to all my sisters back at home while Charlotte was doing....Charlotte stuff. 

"May I come in?" Lafayette said outside the tent

"Yeah sure." I said

Lafayette came in and Charlotte saw him.

"Why's he here?"

"Yeah Laf why are you here?" 

"Well uhm- does Charlotte know?"

"Probably." 

"Know about what?!"

"Alright um I believe it's obvious that Y/n is interested in Hercules and I was wondering what Y/n's plan for Hercules was."

"I don't know...I might go with him and the sons of liberty but I'm not entirely sure."

"I'm not talking about that I'm talking about courting him."

"Maybe I'm not sure."

 "So you gonna tell him?" Charlotte asked

"Maybe."

Time skip (before winter ball)

I was getting ready and making sure my f/c dress was okay and fitting. Charlotte was really excited.

"Are you gonna tell Herc you like him?" Charlotte asked

"Maybe."

"You always say maybe, this is a yes or no answer." 

"Alright I'll go do it right now because I'm really bored." I said

I was walking to Herc's Alex's Laf's and John's tent, Alex and Laf saw me walking there and they asked me why I was walking to their tent and I told them because I was planning on confessing to Herc and they got excited. I was about to walk in the tent but then I immediately regretted my decisions and walked away.

"What was that about?" Alex asked

"I can't do it today. What if he rejects me and then I have to spend the winters ball with him in awkward silence."

"You're doing it before you go with him and the sons of liberty to spy on the British mon ami.  Laf demanded.

I finished getting ready and we all got into a carriage and went to the Schuyler estate. We pulled up and parted ways but me and Charlotte stuck together and found food. 

"Care to dance l/n?" I heard a familiar voice say

"Lee?" I asked while turning around.

He looked up at me and said "The one and only."

"To answer your question no I don't really want to dance. Thank you for the offer though."

"Oh come on you and Charlotte here have done nothing but eat...I really hope your corset can still fit you later."

"Oi Lee do you mind repeating what you just said to my friends to me?" Herc asked

"I-I said I hope their corset can still fit them later.." Lee said obviously kinda scared because Herc was oddly intimidating.

"Okay I would prefer it if you could not call y/n and her friend fat because they are both beautiful and allowed to eat." 

Lee left and Herc walked over to us.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Yeah I'm not really that bothered by him, his opinion means nothing to me." I said

"Alex is currently dancing with someone and I've been kinda lonely for awhile...you wanna dance?" Herc asked

"Oh uhm..." I looked at Charlotte and she gave me a thumbs up

"Yes I would love to dance with you." 

We started dancing and I felt way less awkward than I did when he was fitting the dress for me. I actually felt really comfortable with him. Charlotte was watching us and I could tell she was really proud. 

The ball ended and while we were in the carriage Washington supplied us with Alexander was talking all about how he got permission to send Eliza Schuyler letters.  When we got back to camp Charlotte was giving me advice for Herc while I was figuring out the perfect day/time to confess. That night before I fell asleep I started to think to myself whether or not this thing with Herc is an actual crush or just a really good friendship. 

I came to a conclusion and it is a crush.

A/n Sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been busy. Also I think I told you that the timeline is kinda wonky but I'm getting it back on track.