The Pyramid (Finale P.1)-Part 17

Michael stood before the entrance to the throne room. His psychic was trembling with unease. He couldnt bring himself closure to the things he inflicted upon the lives of the innocent. What he had to witness, robbed him of his sanity. He wasnt the only one who wanted to be ridden from this new era of persecution. But they all feared the fate that would come of them if they tried biting at the hands that created them. After all, they were the messengers and nothing more. He was constantly on nerve every time he came up close to these doors. They once homed a magnificent being of the wonder and creation, but what now lies behind it is a wicked, omnipotent caller for chaos. The god they ruled under was nolonger the one they recognized. His chest was rising and falling rapidly with each breathe he took. It was when a hand touched his shoulder, did he feel as though his heart stopped.

?????????: Michael.

He flinched, turning around to confront the one that spooked him. It was his brother Raphael.

Michael: Y-yyes??

Raphael: He calls for us.

Michael snapped himself awake with his three other siblings behind him. Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel all grieved the same expressions as their brother Michael.

Raphael: Let us not keep him waiting.

Michael: R-right...

Michael took in a deep breathe before grasping onto the door handle. He pushed the heavy door open and made way to the throne. The doors hinges made a bass blundering creak and a deep loud clunk when it was closed. The throne room was incrediblly massive. From wall to wall, it was wide enough to fit an entire coliseum. From floor to ceiling, it was tall enough for mountains to form. From door to throne, was too short of a distance to delay the impeding doom. The room echoed screams of torture. The four arch angels tried their best not to look at what was being done. Upon either side of the throne were a line of chained angels being lashed, they were held at their knees by exorcists. They were dragging the edges of their blades across their backs. What sat right between them was the highest one of them all. God, a treacherous diety that no one could read or predict what was to come from him. He only smiled from ear to ear as the angels were forced to endure the cruel punishment. The four angels knelt infront of him, bowing their heads as a sign of respect and subordination.

Michael: M-My Lord, your graceful presence called for us?

God raised his hand, signaling the exorcists to halt what they were doing. He set his hand back down on the arm rest, crossing one leg over the other.

GOD: How far is our new Excalibur from being finished?

Raphael: It is almost complete, my lord. W-We now just need to wait for more of our loyal followers and servants to-

GOD: Theres NO TIME FOR WAITING!!!

The four arch angels tensed at the increase in volume of their father's voice.

GOD: YOU HAVE YET TO BRING ME THE CHARRED RODENTS THAT LUCIFER SENT. THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE, PICKING OFF EACH CREATURE ONE BY ONE. NOT TO EVEN MENTION, THEY HAVE HELP FROM HUMANS, WHO ARE HIDING WITHIN THEIR CATACOMBS. THEY ARE ON THE MOVE AS WE SPEAK...But thats not what upsets me the most.

Three of the four arch angels were brought to their knees by a bound invisible force. Michael could only watch as his siblings were screaming out their hearts. They felt half of their wings enflamed with excruciating pain as red crosses were carved deep into the skin under the feathers like a hot iron stamp for cattle. It was a slow and painful process with each wing being done one by one.

GOD: What does is the fact that your brother here, decided to let lucifer in on some little secrets of ours.

Michael: I-I....