𝟢𝟢𝟤. have i made you proud.

CHAPTER TWO,
have I made you proud.

26 FEBRUARY 2021,
maranello.

"SO YOU DIDN'T use the glow in the dark condoms I gave you?"

Nat's face contorted. "It was the first date, Lia."

"Bummer. Has he texted you?"

The girl frowned and spun herself on the office chair as she waited for the rest of the team to arrive. "No..."

Rolling her eyes, she moved her phone away from her ear as Delia laughed loudly. Nat could hear her roommate's complaining. "What did you do this time?"

"I did nothing, seriously! He just asked me what I did for work and I said that I was a motorsport driver, he asked me which category and I said Formula One." Nat paused and pursed her lips.

She had met her date while in Switzerland, it was kind of funny because she was in the middle of grocery shopping with her step-siblings and dad when he started to shamelessly flirt with her.

Nat only agreed to go on a date with him after being convinced by an amused Delia.

"He didn't believe me at first but then cut himself off and went on a long rant trying to explain F1 to me. Me of all people!"

"Did he at least guess who you really were?"

"Nah. He was too busy staring at my tits and going on about how 'women only watch Formula One for the drivers'."

If only he had noticed her dad beside her during their first interaction.

"I certainly do! My best friend's a driver!" Nat laughed along with her. She missed her, and wished she was here to watch her first race ( which was what Delia most wanted in the world ).

They hadn't seen each other since summer break. Nat being too busy with training and meeting, and Delia with university, which was one of the reasons she couldn't come.

"Where did you even get the condoms?"

"At a rave." Nat snorted and rolled her eyes. Typical. When wasn't little miss Delia out partying and being given strange condoms.

"Eh." Nat tapped her nails on her thigh. "I don't trust it, so..."

Delia made a disgruntled, offended sound. "You think I punctured holes into it?"

"Not you, but the person you got it from." Nat hummed and looked down at her nails, starting to pick at the polish on them. "Glow in the dark condoms is not something you get from mentally sane people."

Delia choked. "Excuse me-"

"Gotta go. Love you! Bye!" Nat ended the call and turned her notifications off before shoving her phone into her bag. She slumped in her seat and spun herself, humming a song under her breath.

Hands clutched her shoulders and violently shook her. Nat jumped away and let out a gasp as she turned around, green eyes stared back at her.

She let out a scoff and rolled her eyes. Of course. Nat unclenched her fist as he slumped into the chair beside her, clutching his stomach as he laughed.

"Next time, I'll punch you." Nat threatened with a glare.

He grabbed her wrist and wiggled her hand. "To see that look on your face would be worth it." He chuckled and she ripped her hand away.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack." She retaliated by flicking his forehead, he opened his mouth to complain when the door of the office opened.

"Natalia. Charles." Mattia, Ferrari's team principal, greeted, along with the rest of the team.