𝟢𝟢𝟥. promises promises.

CHAPTER THREE,
promises promises.

28 MARCH 2021,
bahrain.

THAT MORNING WHILE she and her father were going to the paddock, Nat had made a promise to him that she wouldn't do anything reckless during the race.

How he believed her was a mystery.

I mean, hasn't he learned from past experiences that if she made a promise there was a 99% expectency that she would break it?

He had spent the night before strategizing with her and teaching her some tricks on the turns.

Natalia has raced multiple times in Bahrain, but it was great to have some insights.

This was her first and his last formula 1 season.

"Hamilton, Verstappen and Bottas."

"Copy that." Nat responded to the radio.

"Bottas is free to take, Hamilton and Verstappen are fighting."

"Copy." Nat quickened her speed as she turned on Turn 15. She kept quickening her pace until she was at least a second behind Bottas.

She knew she had no chance in passing him.

Buuut, she could try. 

Bottas defended his position once he noticed her behind him. They continued their little dance until she, somehow, passed him on turn 11.

"Merde." Nat cursed under her breath as she glanced to her side. The Mercedes car was wheel to wheel with hers and she only had one choice.

"DRS?" She called through the comms to her strategist on turn 12.

"I wouldn't risk it, Räikkönen. He's in better machinery and more skilled."

That's not what she wanted to hear.

"Such great optimism you have in me, Antonio."

"DRS is open." The radio transmitted after a few seconds and she smiled.

On turn 14, Nat clicked on DRS and sped up on the last second, leaving Bottas inside of the turn. She pushed into his side, making him slow down and open to take.

By turn 15, Nat was in front.

In the next few laps, Valterri tried to gain his position back, but she wouldn't give up.

She had a need to prove herself, to Ferrari and the low life fanboys in her comments, that she knows how to race without needing her dad's help.

That she was here because of her talent and not her last name.

She did not give up her position until she saw the checkered flag as she passed the finish line. "P3! P3! Well done, Räïkkönen!" Nat heard from the other side of the radio.

Nat felt a smile grow on her face.

Suck on that. She thought, and although it wasn't P1, it felt like it.

Nat the car in the P3 reserved spot and jumped out of it, taking off her helmet and balaclava.

Lewis came up behind her and patted her back, her murmured a quick congratulations before disappearing into the small crowd.

Fred, Ferrari's team principal, walked up to her.

He had been the one that had contacted all those months ago about joining Ferrari. And being the first rookie to do so in many decades.

He'd told her she had talent, that she deserved her seat in Formula 1 as much as any other driver.

"Good job, Natalia." Fred said and grabbed her shoulder.

"Thank you." Nat smiled at him.

An arm wraps around her shoulders. "You were so amazing out there!" Charles yelled into her ear. 

She turned her head and smiled back at him. "Really?"

"Yes, really!" He said enthusiastically and her cheeks heated up. "If you keep being so amazing, they might make you the first driver." He joked and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not that good."

It was now his time to roll his eyes. "It's the first race of the season and you got P3, I'd say it was more than good." He said as he stepped away from her, staring deeply into her eyes.

Her blush deepened. "Fine, if you say so." His words stayed in her head in a constant loop as she stood on the podium.

Nat smiled at her father, who stood in the crowd filming it all with a proud look. She then noticed Charles standing beside him and shyly waved at him, he smiled and waved back.

She smiled at the person who handed her her trophy and waved it in the air, laughing.

Her, Max  and Lewis were handed bottles of champagne and immediately after she was sprayed in the face.

Nat hoisted her bottle of champagne on her knee and got her revenge.

authors note:

Am I the only one that hates Charles new haircut?

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Am I the only one that hates Charles new haircut?

GIRL AGAINST GOD. charles leclercजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें