This Life We Choose

An:// For my book Passenger before this chapters hurts you in anyway.!!! Okay so yes I am aware I've already posted the cast list and some edits on TikTok, but like I'm on a big Buck X OC X Eddie rut and the more I think about it the more I'm leaning to making Passenger one as well. 🤷‍♀️ Because Olivia is originally supposed to end up with Eddie but the more I've going over these characters the more I see her ending up with Lindsey.
Also I think I just have major Buddie brain rot happening right now.  I might just leave it as is, Buck X OC. But what are everyone's thought on this?
————————————————————————
"You're telling me two package bombs in as many days?" I asked Athena over the phone.

"Yes. So just as a precaution please do not pick up any packages." She told me.

"Yeah, of course. I'll tell Buck and Eddie too make sure they know." I replied.

"Good. Thank you and stay safe out there." She mothered me.

"I will. You too, okay?" I asked her.

"Always am. Love you, Alex."

"Love you too, mom." I replied before I hung up.

"Athena said to make sure we don't pick up any packages left outside our homes. And that we promise to stay safe, both of you as well." I gave a pointed look to Buck and Eddie.

"Yeah. You tell her we'll be safe?" Eddie asked.

"Of course I did. Told her to make sure she stays safe as well. And I talked to Mateo, so if you need to call anyone Eddie you should. Buck you should call Maddie and your girlfriend." I told them making them both nod and pull out their phones.

"I'll see you guys later." Eddie said softly as we were getting ready to leave.

I gave him one last hug, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "You call if you need anything, okay?"

He nodded and we left.

The alarms went off and we were taking off towards an elementary school, bomb squad right behind us.

"All right, everyone, as close and as tight to the truck as you can be." Buck called out to the kids.

"Okay, stay tucked in, stay tucked in." Chim followed behind him.

"You guys are doing great. Thank you." Buck told them walking behind them.

"Teacher spotted it out there after recess." Athena told us walking over to us. "Nobody claimed it."

"Yeah, but it's not a package." Buck pointed out. "I thought this guy sent his bombs through the mail."

"Maybe he changed his M.O." Chim offered.

"Or inspired some other crazy." Athena turned to look at us for a moment before turning back to the bag as we watched.

"All units be advised." Jim called out. "Fire in the hole."

"Stay tucked in." I called out to the kids.

"Down. Down. Down." The other firefighters helped get the kids as safe as possible.

"On my mark!" Jim continued. "Three. Two. One."

It exploded the kids coming out to look.

"Stay back, stay back, stay back." Chim warned them.

"It's tuna fish." Came a little girls voice from behind us making everyone turn to look.

"Emily. Was that your lunch?" A teacher asked her.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you say something?" Athena asked her.

"I don't like tuna fish. Am I under arrest?" She looked at Athena.