Under Pressure

We looked down at the vehicle through the roof of the building and I let out a sigh. "This is gonna be a long day."

I was helping Buck and Bobby cut the driver out of the vehicle as Hen and Chim were looking over the injured. And the next call was at a Mexican Restuarant were a pressure cooker exploded. Then we got a call about a guy getting his arm blown off while he was working with the street department, Buck and I tasked with fishing his arm out of a nearby pool.

"We got it." Buck told them grabbing it out of the net.

"We need ice!" I yelled over the group of people.

"You are cheery." Hen called out to Bobby as we stopped walking seeing him as we were coming in for another shift.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Bobby asked glancing between the two of us.

"I don't know. Maybe cause you've been like this for weeks and it's starting to get on my nerves." Hen was quick to reply. "What's going on with you?"

"I got another DXA scan, and guessed who dropped another half percent." Buck announced walking over to us.

"What?" Hen asked looking surprised.

"DXA scans measures your body fat." I replied having heard all about it the last few weeks, because if I wasn't on a date or spending time with Ethan, or harassing Mateo for shits and giggles I was hanging out with Buck. "You can see your percentage in every part of your body."

Buck brought up his as I explained what it was.

"Oh yeah? They measure the fat in your head?" Chim asked walking up to us eating something.

"Ah, see, that would be funny, but we are about a week away from submissions being due for the Hot Days, Smoldering nights: Men of the LAFD wall calendar, and I'm already at my goal weight, so it seems like my head is clearly working perfectly." Buck told Chim not so subtlety flipping him off as he tapped his head.

"Do you really need to use that whole title?" Hen asked him just about as over it as I was. "You could just say "that idiotic, reductive, sexist calendar that insults the dignity of this organization and furthers the myth that all firefighters are male.""

"Yeah. That's not any less words. Also do you and Alex practice, because she said the same thing to me two days ago." Buck asked looking between the two of us.

Hen smirked as me and we high fived before Bobby spoke.

"Alex, Hen, come on, it's for charity."

Hen and I turned to look at him. "No. Bobby, you too?" Hen asked surprised.

"Well, why not? They say a man is at his sexist when he reaches 50." Bobby smiled.

"Is that what they say? That's what they say?" Hen and I sassed at the same time making Bobby roll his eyes at us.

"Okay, your both wrong." Chim interrupted. "All right? You see, I think sorority houses all across this great nation are ready for a new Asian sex symbol. It's our time."

"I think it's great. You know? I like that you're both going up for it." Buck told them.

"Oh, because you don't think that we have a chance." Bobby stood straighter looking at him.

"Whoa, did I say that? I mean, sure, let's be real. They are only picking one candidate from each station." Buck told them making me roll my eyes.

"Okay, that is a beautiful man." Chim says making us all look at where he was pointing.

"Where's the lie? And I like girls." Hen spoke.

"And thank the universe I like both." I commented, Hen and I high fiving without looking at each other.