Chapter 12

His smiling eyes whenever he finds something funny or amusing

His soft dark brown hair that falls perfectly on his face whenever the soft, summer breeze greets him with delight

"He's mine and only mine..." Yeji muttered to herself angrily, her sharp nails digging into the wooden window sill while she gazes angrily from afar. "Yet this girl... This girl he only met two weeks ago, has snatched his heart like it was nothing!!" She picked up the nearest vase her hand could touch and smashed it against the palace walls, making her henchmen flinch in distraught.

"Our apologies, princess." The first man spoke up, his head still down, not meeting her eyes.

"I'll give you another chance to redeem yourselves." Yeji replied with such venom in her voice. "Bring me back her head or you will suffer the consequences — believe me, I will destroy you and your precious families."

There was such tension and pressure in the room, and she liked the way they trembled in fear and panic. The corner of her lips turned into the most devious smirk, the kind of smirk you never expected from such a fine, well-brooded princess.

"He is mine and only mine"

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。

"So let me get this straight." Nayeon raised an eyebrow with a huge smirk on her face. They're now all sitting in their wooden dining table and the only thing that Nayeon's husband is thinking about is how in the world did he get three royal families inside his household, "You are engaged to Jimin?! Oh my god, this is such a turn of event!"

"And how did you two meet again?" Jeongyeon looked at Jimin with furrowed eyebrows yet with curiosity.

"It was the Goryeo king's annual anniversary when your father came to talk to our old man and Princess Nayeon was there alongside." Jimin replied with a small sigh and a smile, remembering how they used to be so young without knowing what both of their fathers are talking about — most likely something about politics.

"Oh please, don't call me Princess." Nayeon rolled her eyes playfully, "I bear no ill will but I am no longer a princess."

Jeongyeon felt disappointed, hoping she could at least ask Nayeon to come back with her to the palace along with her small family. After all, she's now the queen of their land so she has every right to make her own blooded sister come back.

"You and Jeongyeon, huh?" Nayeon crossed her arms over her huge belly with a triumph smile. "Are you ready to handle my little sister's stubborn personality?"

"Hey, I'm not stubborn." Jeongyeon flashed her a small glare, making Nayeon chuckle in amusement.

"Well, I was hoping to get to know her more." Jimin looked at Jeongyeon with a knowing smile, making Jeongyeon roll her eyes in a playful manner. They continue to have a small bicker while the married couple looked at them.