Chapter 8

Jeongyeon's eyes fluttered softly when she heard a small chikadee bird chirping happily by her window while the sun is starting to rise

Jeongyeon's eyes fluttered softly when she heard a small chikadee bird chirping happily by her window while the sun is starting to rise. The weather wasn't that hot but not too cold at the same time, but since she's used to the cold weather, the servants prepared a thin blanket because she felt warm at night. The mornings in the southern kingdom are quite chilly which suites to her liking. It's only been one day but she felt like she's starting to get homesick without her loud sisters around. It wasn't something negative, but she was hoping to take her sisters with her soon after their wedding. Jeongyeon carefully placed her laced slippers, exposing her white night dress that goes underneath her knee with her long dark brown hair is tied in a loose ponytail.

Long after her morning stretching, changing into her outside clothes and having some tea in her own provided room, she opened her bedroom door with a small peak. There were lesser security systems around the castle compared back at home, which she finds convenient of course. She went downstairs to meet the family if they're awake, but to her surprise it was Jimin making breakfast in the kitchen with a few maids working alongside with him. She blinked, looking at the busy Jimin kneading some dough at the huge counter before his eyes landed on the queen, standing by the doorway.

"Jeongyeon!" Jimin smiled brightly towards her, causing the other maids to jump from their positions, bowing their heads towards the young queen. She bowed her head back to them (in which they rarely see from royals) and greeted them goodmorning. "I'm making some breakfast!"

Jeongyeon chuckled at this child-like nature, and as she walked towards him, she pulled out her small handkerchief from her pocket and softly wiped the flour on his left cheek. His eyes widened a bit, and his body froze on the spot. The maids were trying their best not to squeal in delight while watching the whole thing unfolds. Jeongyeon only realized what she did when Jimin was staring right back at her with their faces only inches apart. Jeongyeon quickly pulled her hand away,

"I-I'm terribly sorry! I shouldn't have done that—"

"No, it's fine. I'm glad you did. I'm a messy cook myself." The corner of his mouth starts to tug in a small, reassuring smile.

Princess Yeji was walking by the castle grounds when she passed by the huge kitchen where her eyes landed on a particular couple. She was excited to see Jimin, knowing that he'll be cooking almost every early morning. She stood there for a bit, looking at Jeongyeon and Jimin's happy expressions on their face which made her chest tighten. It was a scene that she would never dare to look at ever again. Her feelings towards Jimin are quite evident, even though Jimin only views her as a great friend of his. She never dared to confess to him anyway as she knows both kingdoms will be against it, and her knowing that she'll never have her chance. Jimin was never the type of person who falls in love as he only loves studying, teaching the children of the kingdom, and exploring places — until the young queen Jeongyeon came into his life. Her hands closed into fists, her breath hitched when she came back to her senses.