Chapter 9

The stars are shining brightly at the cloudless skies of the southern kingdom, the quiet halls are evident except for the soft wind rushing through the great country's flags across the courtyard. The huge wooden door with the golden handle suddenly opened, earning a huge creak. Jimin flinched from the sound, hoping that no guards nor servants heard it. He asked Jeongyeon to see him tonight at 9pm and the after hours of 7pm is the curfew inside the castle walls as bedtime is always at 9pm. Jimin usually sleeps at 12am, making him the last member of the family to come down during breakfast times. He was wearing a simple dark blue colored hanbok while his dark, black hair is combed nicely.

He did his best to sneak out of his room without getting caught, walking straight down the huge staircase then made his way outside using the backdoor of the kitchen

He did his best to sneak out of his room without getting caught, walking straight down the huge staircase then made his way outside using the backdoor of the kitchen. It was quiet and the only sounds he can hear was the soft rustling of the grass, the mellow wind singing across the fields, and a small voice of his beautiful fiancé from the distance. Jeongyeon was wearing this baby pink hanbok with white flowers embroided around the waist elegantly while her long, dark hair is placed in a low ponytail with a jade binyeo across her hair.

"Sorry! Was I late?" Jimin jogged up to her with his signature, charming smile.

Jeongyeon shook her head, "I just got here too. It was a bit difficult to sneak out especially my room's at the upper most floor of the castle. I thought I was going to be late."

"Oh yeah, tell me about it. I used to sneak out by myself to catch fireflies and put them in this jar and take it upstairs with me. And once I'm there, I would free them all, and it looked like stars dancing through the night." He responded.

They started to walk near a small lake full of purple wisteria trees

They started to walk near a small lake full of purple wisteria trees. And it was the very first time Jeongyeon has seen such beautiful, magnificent colored trees. Her breath hitched lightly, looking around the wisteria trees softly moving along with the wind. Jimin led her to a boat nearby, holding her hand to assist her in getting on and making sure that she's sitting down comfortably. Removing the rope that holds the boat, Jimin instantly hopped in right after pushing the boat into the water carefully and off they went through the beautiful, crystal waters of the lake along with the wisteria trees smiling down upon them.