Chapter seventy eight

“I believe we now know what must be done,” Damien said as everyone got seated in the pack hall. “Your prince must return our daughter and free her from his compelling.”
“How insolent,” Genevieve said, standing up. “You think our prince would ever look at a measly wolf and be attracted to her that he would compel her to stay with him? Are you out of your mind?”
“Genevieve, please, calm down,” Malachi said and everyone sighed. Genevieve harrumphed and sat down, crossing her legs with such expertise and uniqueness.
“Damn, is it just me or is that lady Genevieve really a beauty?” One of the wolves hanging around in the hall said and Genevieve turned sharply and hissed at him, flashing her fangs and he gulped.
“You forgot, they have good hearing,” Sean whispered and the boy nodded, fear stricken to even move his mouth.
Someone chuckled and said, “good for you.” When they turned around, Eric was the one and he made his way to stand right next to Sean, Natasha tagging after him. “So, what is happening?”
“Maybe if you shut up, we can be able to hear,” Sean replied and although Eric wanted to reply with a sarcastic comment, they both knew how important the meeting was so they shut up and decided to continue after the meeting, that is if they would live after today.
“What lady Genevieve is trying to say is that our prince, cannot and will never compel a woman to stay with him. He has never done it before and he is not going to start now. I mean, have you seen him? That man’s face alone would get him any woman he wants, then talk about his strength and powers,” Malachi replied and every nightwalker in the room nodded with a smirk. “So, if you ask me, it is obvious that your daughter had seen him and had been swooned with him that she seduced him.”
“If you say seduce, then your prince really has no self-control if a girl of nineteen years could easily seduce a man of his age,” Argon said and Malachi hissed at him, flashing his fangs and his eyes flickered red.
“It’s not about having self-control or not but about being put a spell on. It is obvious that your daughter is working with a witch,” Genevieve revealed and everyone in the hall gasped. Alan and Scarlet glanced at each other before they took their gazes back to the woman. “You see, I have seen her myself. I went to the Prince’s castle yesterday and she threw hot water at me when I confronted her and when our prince showed up, she acted weak, claiming all sort of things and it became clear to me, she knows the game she is playing. The question is, how sure are we that you are not in cahoot with her? This could be your carefully orchestrated plan to get us to bend our knees knowing that the quickest way to get us is through our prince.”
“I assure you that I have no idea of what you just spoke about,” Damien said.
“Of course, you would deny it. I wasn’t expecting you to acclaim to it,” Genevieve smirked.
“The peace treaty has been guiding us for over two thousand years, it would be silly of us if we let this trifle issue lead us to war. Let it be clear that we would both lose greatly on each side. So, before we go into this war, let us ask ourselves, are we ready to lose our citizens?” Malachi asked. “You are an alpha and if there is one thing I know about the alpha code is that an alpha always protect. So tell me High alpha Damien, what better way do you have to protect your wolves?”
Damien sighed and nodded. “You speak like you already have a plan. What do you have in mind?”
“We said that you asked your daughter to seduce our prince and you said our prince compelled her, it’s already clear that in all round, she is in the middle. So tell me, alpha Damien, what best way to take care of an obstacle?”
“You remove it,” Damien answered without batting an eyelid.
“Exactly. Your daughter is the obstacle keeping us from honoring the peace treaty and if we want the peace treaty to still stay intact and protect our young ones, we should remove the obstacle.”
Damien chuckled softly with a nod. He glanced at Alan and asked, “Blue moon pack’s alpha, what is the number one alpha’s code?”
Alan closed his eyes and he could hear his insides breaking. He knew what they want him to say and he knew where they are driving at. He felt his mate hold his hand and he could already hear her silent sobs. “An alpha always protects,” he answered.
“Good,” Damien nodded. “And since your daughter stands in the way of saving the lives of more than a thousand wolves in this pack, what would you do as an alpha?”
“Please, reconsider,” Scarlet said immediately, her eyes welling up in tears.
“Luna, this is between alphas. There is a reason females aren’t born with the alpha powers so I hope you would honor that now,” Argon said and Sean just felt punching the man on the face but he knew better and so he just stood on his spot, clenching his hands in tight fists as he wondered what Aliyah could be doing at the moment.
“Risk one to save all,” Alan answered and Damien smiled.
He turned his gaze to Malachi and said, “you have your answer. We have decided to make the sacrifice and keep the peace treaty alive. We hope the high chiefs would honor this sacrifice and find a way to get our daughter back, even if it would be her corpse. I think we deserves to bury her on our own.”
“Of course,” Malachi answered. “We will find a witch to erase her spell on the prince and trust me when I say that our prince would be the one killing her once his eyes are cleared.”
“How interesting,” a voice said and all eyes turned to the double doors that were just opened and standing there was none other than the vampire prince himself. He was dressed in black pants and black round neck with a black long coat. The only thing of light color on him was the fair hand of a woman, holding onto his arm and that brought the eyes of everyone on her. She was dressed in black pants as well with a light blue shirt that matches with her eyes. Her deep brown hair cascaded down her shoulders in wavy curls and everyone gasped on seeing her. They looked so striking standing side by side and without caring about the obvious shock of everyone, Edward led Aliyah into the hall.
“My prince, what are you doing here?” Malachi was the first to regain himself and he stood up to greet the man. The rest of the nightwalkers stood up and bowed to them while Edward moved majestically and moving Malachi aside, sat on his seat and pulled Aliyah to sit on his laps. The very scene shocked everyone and while their minds were battling with thoughts, no one made a sound. Everywhere was as silent as a graveyard and the sound of a needle falling would have been heard clearly.
“Speaking behind our backs, huh high howlers?” Edward asked, his eyes leaving Damien to settle on Aliyah as he casually removed a tendril of hair from her face. “That is very disrespecting if you ask me,” he added nonchalantly.
“Prince Edward, as I live and breathe,” Damien finally spoke up. “I am having mixed feelings about being happy to meet you or being disgusted.”
“You should be feeling the latter because right now, all I can think about is ripping that white head of yours off your shoulders and massacring everyone in this room. Expect obviously, my mate,” he glanced at Aliyah affectionately. “And maybe, anyone she asks me to spare. Trust me, there will only be a few, right sweetheart?” he asked tenderly. “They would probably be only Sean and your mom. The rest are good for nothings, especially your father,” his eyes went to Alan then and they flickered red.