Chapter thirteen

Aliyah winced at the sharp pain of pierced flesh. Her eyeballs almost rolled into their sockets because of the immense pain her body was into. She could feel her blood passing through her into his mouth but what shocked her most was how relaxed her wolf was to everything. She was thinking she would be as frantic as her, thinking of the way to free themselves from his clutches otherwise he would suck them dry. But no, the damned furry creature was as relaxed as anyone without a problem would be. Suddenly, Aliyah noticed that the bite wasn’t painful anymore and although she could still feel him sucking her dry, the feeling was actually…pleasurable?
Edward was determined to end the life of the good for nothing wolf that messed with his mind. Although there were many ways to kill her without even lifting a finger, but her blood has tempted him from the very first day. What better excuse to have a taste of that exquisite scent before wiping her away from the face of the earth? He was just beginning to enjoy the flow of the delicious blood in his mouth when he felt like something left him. Something like an energy. He frowned, wondering what could have happened when he felt a sharp pain on his neck. He let her go immediately and clasped onto his neck but there was no wound there. He felt another slash of pain on his back and he took a step back wondering what was wrong with him but he regretted that action immediately as a bolt of pain shot from his ankle to his whole body.
Aliyah landed on the ground as she stared at the man in horror. Why wasn’t his bite painful anymore? Why did I enjoy him biting me? She wondered as she felt her wolf moan. Something was wrong with her; she could feel it, but what? Her neck was still tingling with the sensation and she reached up to touch her neck. She could feel his bite mark underneath her fingers but why does touching it arouse her?
Edward gasped, every other thought in his mind forgotten. For some reason, he could feel her thoughts. He could feel her emotion and at the moment, he could sense the sexual tension slowly rising up in her. “What are you doing?” he asked softly but deadly. There was no where she would say she was drugged this time, so why was she giving off the same feeling as last time?
“What did you do to me?” Aliyah whispered, her fingers still tracing the bite mark on her neck. Her action brought Edward’s gaze to her neck and she watched as his face turned horrific. He suddenly clasped his hand on his mouth as he took two steps back. Aliyah was tensed; she didn’t know why he had to react like that or why he was behaving that way. She had seen the man taunt her with his smile, had seen him angry and had seen the look in his eyes when he brags but she has never seen him looking like he was now. “What is it?” she yelled at him with all her strength.
As if her yell had somehow woken Edward up from his trance, his face turned murderous as he charged towards her, lifting her off the ground effortlessly. He glared into her blue eyes with his red ones. “How dare you?” he asked, tightening his fingers round her neck, determined to snuff the life out of her without delay. However, he soon started feeling pain on his neck, like an invisible force was choking him. He let her go immediately, his eyes widened in surprise. What was happening? He glared at Aliyah where she was lying on the ground pitifully. He was suddenly gripped with the emotion to pick her up and make sure she was okay. To hold her in his arms and calm her down, while promising to finish off the people that made her look like that. “Enough!” he yelled. Not knowing to whom in particular, whether to Aliyah to stop whatever she was doing or to himself to wake up from his slumber.
A soft sob escaped from Aliyah as the pain she was going through was consuming her. Without looking up at him, she asked, “why did you stop? In my state, there is nothing I can do to you. Why don’t you finish me off? If you leave me alive, I would hunt you till I make you pay for the embarrassments you put me through today.” She glanced up at him then with hatred, her blue eyes burning like a flame.
Edward didn’t acknowledge her empty threat; he was more worried why hearing the sound of her sob affected him. He squatted to her level, his eyes piercing into hers. “Then you must have a death wish little wolf. I really want to kill you this night but somehow I can’t. However, just because I can’t tonight, doesn’t mean I won’t another night.” He grabbed her head, pulling her close to his face and looked deeply into her eyes to pass off his warning clearly. “I can easily squash you like a grape and feel absolutely nothing about it. You saw how I killed your kind without lifting a finger, so clearly you understand what I am talking about. I hate howlers, the hatred burns deep in my bones. So my advice, don’t come looking for me. Just wait for the day that I would end your pathetic life.”
“You will be making a big mistake if you leave me today because I hate nightwalkers as well. Not only did you embarrass me, you bit me!” She yelled. “I am never forgetting this and trust me when I say that I will settle the scores.” She spat on his face but she was so wounded that what she spat out was blood.
Edward smiled deadly. He really wants to kill the damn thing but he knew he couldn’t. Somehow, that damned mark on her neck was preventing him and if he doesn’t want to accidentally hurt himself while killing her, he has to calm his anger and find a solution to that first. “You are really stupid, you know.” He shook his head softly, “don’t worry little wolf, I won’t kill you tonight. Not just yet.” He wiped off the blood on his face and looked behind him, faintly hearing the approaching wolves. He glanced back at Aliyah who was glaring at him like she wanted him to drop dead but he ignored the look in her eyes. He glanced at her neck, at the damned mark that was glaring at him, taunting him. He may not understand what had happened tonight but he knew that if her kind should see that mark on her neck, they would kill her. And since he couldn’t understand while the mark was preventing him from hurting her, he wouldn’t let anyone hurt her as well, least they accidentally hurt him.
He casually robbed the blood in his hands on her neck to cover the mark but on contact with the mark, they both trembled and their eyes locked. Edward has lived long enough to know that the damned mark has somehow connected them and now he doesn’t know what he hates more: the little wolf or the stupid mark.
He stood up, ignoring the shock expression on her face. “I will find you, wolf. And when I do, know that it’s your end. I can’t have you roaming around. You are a distraction and I don’t want that.”
“You don’t have the right to…” Aliyah was saying but the man was gone. She glanced frantically around her but he was nowhere to be seen. She placed her hand on her chest to calm her fast beating heart. Why did her body react so violently when he touched her neck? Why does the tingle still making her want more? What happened? She could remember the look of horror in his eyes when he glanced at her neck. What is there? She reached up and touched her neck again and a calm sensation washed through her.
A distant howl stopped her wandering mind and she glanced around. Happiness soared through her at the sudden realization that her father had carried out a search party for her. She tried to transform but she was so wounded that the pain didn’t allow her to. She howled, but her voice didn’t pass a whisper. She tried to stand up, however, her strength failed her. Realizing that there was nothing she could do, she curled herself into a ball on the ground and prayed that she would be discovered soon.
Her prayer was answered ten minutes later when a reddish-brown wolf ran up to her and placed it’s snout on her head. Aliyah chuckled and weakly scratched its big head. “I’m fine, Sean.”
Sean whimpered and looked at her with his big brown eyes. She smiled and leaned forward, kissing his snout. “I’m fine. Where are the others?”
Sean replied by looking behind him and soon, a pack of wolves turned up around them and in their front was a big brown wolf that rushed to her and placed it’s snout on her face. Aliyah closed her eyes and welcomed her father’s affection. Soon, he lifted her on his back and with a howl, they all ran back home.