Chapter sixty five

Rasmus opened the door on sensing his master's arrival but when he saw the boy following behind him, his eyes widened in shock. "Another howler?" he asked and Edward chuckled, walking past him into the house.

Sean watched the man in front of him warily, he could tell that the man was way more than five hundred years old by the aura he could feel from him and he understood that a single blow from him might as well send him to an early grave. He gulped and held the man's gaze as he quickly followed Edward inside.

Rasmus sighed and closed the door; does it mean that their palace would be welcoming howlers from now on? He shuddered at the thought of having about twenty of them in the house, how stinky would the house be if it ever happened? He was still adapting to one and now there is another? He turned and watched the boy, Edward had gone up the stairs, leaving him alone with him and now he wondered what he was supposed to do with him. He heaved another sigh and stood beside him, he could tell that he was still a boy, at most twenty but if he should guess correctly, he should be at the same age as his Lady.

Sean felt uncomfortable being left alone with the man, he could feel him assessing him and he wondered if he would be dead before Edward get's back. However, it wasn't long when he heard, "Sean," and looked up to see the girl excitedly running down the stairs to meet him. A strong wave of nostalgia hit him as he ran and met her at the foot of the stairs, picking her up and twirling around in happiness of finally having her in his arms again.

A low guttural sound woke him up from his memory as he looked up at the man that was glaring at him now and he quickly put her back on her feet, clearing his throat as he took a step back. Aliyah chuckled and turned to smile at the obvious jealous man before she grabbed Sean's hand and led him to sit on the couch, totally ignoring the angry man. "What are you doing here?" she asked, half worriedly and half excitedly.

"I had to come look for you. Everyone has been so worried," Sean replied nervously, feeling the icy gaze on his back.

"Everyone?" Aliyah raised an eyebrow and Sean sighed.

"Your mother, she has not been herself since that night and your father, he arranges search party every morning and they don't come back till late at night. Aliyah," he grabbed her hand and heard a low growl, forcing him to let go of her again as he cleared his throat nervously.

"Will you stop that, please?" Aliyah said now to the man behind them and Edward avoided her gaze like he did nothing wrong. "If you can't stay and listen to us, feel free to do something else. Look at him, I have never seen Sean so flustered," she chuckled, "don't you know you are scary when you do that?"

Edward rolled his eyes but he knew she was right and the only way to stop interfering would be to leave. But how could he when he is here with her? What's to say that he won't try to run away with her - not like that would be possible since he would sense it immediately she leaves the house - if he leaves them alone? But at the end, he sighed and walked back up the stairs to their room where he forced himself to sit put and just wait.

Seeing his master gone, Rasmus bowed with a hidden smile, the girl now controls his prince, impressive. "Let me know whenever you need me, my Lady."

"Thank you, Rasmus," Aliyah smiled and the man nodded and flashing a warning look at Sean, he left the living room.

Now alone, Sean let go a loud sigh and glanced at Aliyah thankfully, "thank you."

Aliyah chuckled at that. "It's not every day you find yourself in a room with an over two thousand years old vampire with his seven hundred years old servant." She had been curious about Rasmus and Edward had told her about the man and his age when they were in their bedroom after she finished eating.