Chapter thirty two

Aliyah held onto the belt that strapped her spear on her back. She gulped as she treaded softly, both Sean and Catherine had warned her about the woods but one must pass through the woods to get to anywhere. Driving would have been easier and even faster but how can she possible drive past the watch wolves? There is no way in hell she can pass through those giant gates without being spotted by her father or anyone.
She could feel the fear slowly creeping into her heart but she shook her head to shake off the feelings. It’s just Sean and Catherine’s warning getting to her. The sun was at its highest peak today and she knew no nightwalker would dare step out now so if she really wants to get to their library, this was the perfect day.
She heard a twig snap and turned sharply, her senses telling her that she was being followed, but who would dare follow her? She could hear her own heartbeat, especially because of the rumors going on about the missing dead rogue bodies. “Who goes there?” she asked, quietly, not wanting to raise her voice hence something else hears her.
“Scared?” she heard and frowned. The voice sounded like any normal being but it was still strange to her.
“Of course not, I just want to know who is too cowardly to hide from me,” she replied and true to her words, she just wants to know the person following her now that she knew it was not a monster or a zombie rogue.
Steven chuckled and stepped out of his hiding place. “I knew the twig would give me away and it wouldn’t have if it was just a normal wolf. I guess being the Alpha’s daughter; your hearing is as good as your speed.”
Aliyah rolled her eyes, her hand letting go of the belt that holds her spear. “I should have known it’s you because no one from my pack would stoop so low.”
“Oh, no one but you, I guess?” he raised an eyebrow.
“And what is that supposed to mean?” Aliyah asked.
“About an hour ago, your pack’s Beta gave an order that everyone should stay clear off the woods because of the mysterious thing that happened to the rogue bodies but here you are the alpha’s daughter, in the very woods without anyone’s knowledge. Now I am wondering if you really went to your room after the mating ceremony like the future Beta said or if you two are conniving together and lying to everyone.”
“Wow, you must be really proud of yourself for figuring that out, right?” Aliyah raised an eyebrow but she didn’t stay to hear his response.
“You know, what I don’t get is what you are to him. I mean, everyone knows he has a mate, so what are you, his hidden girlfriend or something?” Steven asked her leaving back and smirked when she stopped in her tracks, “am I right?”
“Wow, what are you, the news speculator or the alpha’s son? Because trust me, you are acting more like the former than the latter.” Aliyah turned to him but seeing the boy’s glaring black eyes, she rolled her blue ones. “Listen,” she sighed, “I have nothing to do with what happened to Gerald but I do know one thing, he would be better in a few days.”
“And you know that, because?” Steven raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms on his chest.
“Because Catherine told me,” she replied. “You are not the only one that thought I had something to do with what happened so I was tired of being asked the question and went to her, so she told me. Now, be a good Alpha’s son and go back to your father because I’m sure he is still around or maybe stand beside your brother who is the main reason you would be staying in my pack in the first place.” She touched her belt again and licked her lips, “I have something important to do, so don’t get in my way.”
“What’s with the scarf?” he suddenly asked. “You know, I noticed that in the training ground in the morning and I was left wondering who would bring fashion to training. I mean, if anyone would it definitely won’t be you because right now, you are not even dressed to impress as someone that loves fashion but you still have a scarf round your neck. You know your pack mates might think its just fashion but I know better, so be out with it, what are you hiding?”
“Like I said, go back and be with your brother, stay out of my way,” Aliyah warned.
Steven scoffed, “I am the alpha here, girl, you certainly don’t order me around.”
“You may be the alpha, but you will never be mine so don’t expect any form of respect from me.”
Steven smirked, “why are you in the woods, what is so important you have to do that you disobeyed your Beta’s orders?”
“It’s none of your business.”
“It is my business if my brother is mute after spending an evening with you.”
“Perhaps you should go find the witches to tell you what is wrong with him.”
“Or maybe you should take me to the one that you are obviously going to meet.”
Aliyah rolled her eyes at that.
“Do you have a hand in the rogues attack?” Steven asked, his hand going to his spear on his back. “What did you do to Gerald?”
“If I have a hand in the rogues attack, trust me, they won’t be attacking my pack.”
Steven scoffed, “you know what, why don’t we settle it here. You have a spear, I have a spear, how about the two of us have a spar, the two alpha children, if you win, I would believe you and if you don’t, I won’t spare you until you give me the antidote to what you did to my brother.”
“If you want to fight, fight me instead,” a voice said and they both turned to where it came from. Sean walked out from behind a tree, “looks like you are going to have that spar with me after all.”
Steven scoffed, “I told you I don’t waste my time with Betas,” his gaze going back to Aliyah, “only the alpha bloodline is worthy enough to fight with me.”
“So egotistical,” Aliyah frowned.
“There is no way she is going to fight with you, not while I am here,” Sean said, stepping in front of Aliyah. “You said your beta was trained by you and yet I defeated him without even trying. Now I am thinking you really don’t want to fight with me because you are scared that I am going to beat your ass like I did his.”
Steven glared at him then. “You know what, I can always finish her off when I am done with you.” He pulled his spear out of the belt and raised an eyebrow, “let’s do this.”
Sean smiled then and reached out to Aliyah, “can I borrow your spear please.”
Aliyah unlocked the belt and caught the spear before it fell on the ground, she didn’t like this, not because she wouldn’t love to watch Sean beat Steven’s ass but the fact that they were stalling her from doing what she has to do. How come they are both here even? She wondered, handing Sean the spear.
“I am sure as hell going to enjoy this,” Sean said, ready for the fight. “You attack, I defend.”
Steven smiled, “that trick you used on Tom isn’t going to work on me, Beta,” he said, “let us both attack and defend.”
“Great, I like it better,” Sean replied and leaped into the air, slashing his spear on him but Steven blocked the attack with his spear. “Hmm, that’s more like it,” Sean said, flinging the spear sideways but he blocked it again. Two strikes and two blocks, he knew Steven was way much stronger than his beta and he liked that even more because it means he was a worthy opponent and so he released his full power and Steven did just the same.
“You are strong, but we both know that I am better,” Steven gloated when he had drawn blood from Sean. “Yielding or still want to go again?”
“You are cheating. You are using your alpha powers. Isn’t it a shame that you can’t defeat me, just an ordinary beta wolf, even though you are using your alpha’s strength and speed? That’s a shame if you ask me,” Sean taunted, wiping the blood from his lips.
Steven scoffed and charged again, determined to teach the Beta a lesson and to prove his father wrong that he was not as strong as he made out to be. Aliyah had a low growl then and turned to the side she heard it. She frowned, the growling came again and she squinted her eyes to have a better look. “Guys,” she called softly, “I don’t think we are alone.” Both the two men were lost in their fight and she decided to check it out herself. However, before she could get closer, a big brown wolf jumped out. It’s eyes were white and looked lifeless and saliva drooled from the corners of its mouth.
Aliyah gasped and took a step back, she didn’t need to be told that the deranged rogues were back again.