Chapter 8: Scared

3rd person pov

It was him...

Kristoff... But he now had a company. He was accompanied by a brunet. Hiccup... The guy Merida has a crush on who has a girlfriend but it is rumoured that they aren't together anymore.

The rumours surrounded Elsa's mind after seeing him. Maybe Merida had a chance now IT'S NO TIME TO THINK OF IT!! Elsa was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts.

"Please help her!" She begged to Kristoff. "Hey you!" Hiccup called out to the man. The man turned to him. "What's your problem?" Kristoff questioned.

"Stay out of it, musterd-head." The man said to Kristoff. "Let her go." Kristoff demanded. "Why should I?" The man replied. "Unless you want to see some consequences.." Kristoff smirked at the man.

"And who's gonna show us the consequences?" The man scoffed. Hiccup stepped forward, avenging Kristoff. The man's companions stepped forward too.

"Funny how y'all think you have  chance against us." The man let out an evil chuckle. "And, isn't he a nerd?" The man glanced at Hiccup. "Why does everyone call me that-" Hiccup was about to whine but then realized the situation and shut his mouth.

The man threw Rapunzel to the floor. Elsa ran up to her and helped her to stand. The man then turned towards Kristoff and Hiccup. "Let's see what a musterd-head and a nerd can do." The man smirked.

And that was how the canteen had transformed into a jungle. The guys threw themselves at each other, punching, strangling and hitting the shit out of each other.

However suddenly a shout from the doorframe caught everyone's attention, causing every spectator to turn around and the guys to stop their fight. "Everyone who is involved in the fighting, to my office. NOW." It was the principal.

The guys let go of each other, still shooting hateful glares at each other. By then, Kristoff and Hiccup had bruises on their faces. They lazily walked past Rapunzel and Elsa, after the other men towards the exit of the canteen.

"Don't worry." Kristoff gave Elsa a smile while he walked past her because he saw a worried look on Elsa's face.

~•~

The classes had ended. They had 3 more classes after the lunch break but neither Kristoff nor Hiccup attended any of it. Elsa had assumed that they were severely hurt, thus not being able to attend the class as they were stuck in the infirmary.

Elsa wanted to have a look of their condition before heading for home. Unfortunately, Rapunzel and Merida were both busy with some personal matters, so, they couldn't join her.

Elsa stood at the entrance of the infirmary, questioning if she should go in or not. She did feel guilty. In addition to that, Rapunzel had requested her to thank Kristoff on her behalf.

So, she couldn't leave for home even if she wanted to. She was about to walk in but then stopped as she heard murmurs. The door of the infirmary opened, revealing the group of men from earlier.

Elsa avoided their gaze to avoid any other trouble. She had enough already. The men didn't say anything to her but they kept glaring at her as they walked past her.

Elsa let out a sigh of exhaustion and then was about to walk in again but the door opened again. It was Hiccup this time. He walked out and closed the door behind him.

He now noticed Elsa who was watching him all this time. "E-elsa!" He exclaimed at her unexpected presence. "Hiccup! Are you okay?" She stared at his bruises.

"Oh yes, there's nothing to worry about!" He flashed a smile at her. "What about Kristoff? He isn't out yet." Elsa gestured towards the door of the infirmary. "Oh him, " Hiccup chuckled, "He's sleeping."

Elsa gasped. "Has he fainted?" Hiccup shook his hands in the air. "Oh no no, he is okay now, just some little bruises here and there. He told me that he was tired and wanted to sleep. So yeah!"

But Elsa didn't look convinced. "Trust me, he's fine. We've fought against much dangerous people than these blockheads while working for Jack!" Hiccup explained. It took Elsa by surprise.

"You work for Jack? Too?" She couldn't believe what she had heard. "Yeah! I... I know about the two of you too." Hiccup said in a grave tone. It made Elsa think about Jack again. She stared blankly remembering that incident.

"Do you like him?" Hiccup's question wasn't expected by Elsa. She stood there with a startled face, watching Hiccup. She's not denying it immediately. Hiccup thought to himself.

"N-no, I'm just worried about him after that incident... You probably know it, don't you?" Elsa said. "I know.. " Hiccup said but it came out more like a whisper.

She doesn't like him? Do I have a chance then-

Hiccup was brought out of his thoughts by Elsa's question. "How is Jack? Is he fine?" There was guilt in her voice. "He is suffering from fever.. Other than that, he's fine." Hiccup sighed out.

Elsa seemed to be deep in thought while Hiccup watched her, wondering what she was thinking about. After what seemed like an hour to Hiccup, Elsa broke the silence.

"Can you take me to Jack?"

~•~

Elsa drenched the cloth in cool water and placed it gently on Jack's forehead as she watched him sleep peacefully. The room was lighted with a dim light. Elsa was informed that Jack hadn't escaped his room ever since.

Elsa let out a sigh as she stroked his beautiful silver hair. "Can you stop doing this?" She whispered into the silence. "Can you stop doing this? I scared that I might fall for you.. I don't want it.. Love scares me.. "

~•~

Jack slowly opened his eyes after he started heading light adorable snores beside him. He came across the sight of Elsa sitting on a chair beside the bed as she laid her head on the bed, right beside him.

Jack was awake this whole time. He couldn't seem to be able to sleep because of the pain. He had suddenly heard footsteps approaching. He pretended to be asleep to avoid any interactions.

He then heard a conversation between Hiccup and Elsa where Hiccup was explaining to Elsa about Jack's condition.

He pretended to be asleep even though he was aware of Hiccup leaving the room leaving Elsa and him alone while Elsa started to look after him by fixing his blankets, wiping his face, drenching the cloth.

A faint smile formed on his face as he recalled Elsa's words. "Can you stop doing this? I'm scared that I might fall for you" Jack had heard it all.

He was about to remove a lock of Elsa's hair that was in front of her face but then he noticed some papers beside Elsa. He carefully sat up and took the papers in his hands, trying his best to not wake up the sleeping beauty beside him.

Jack read the papers. The papers were about the resort of Elsa's family that her father was planning to sell off. Jack reached out for his phone. He dialed a number. "Hello? Jack?" It was Kristoff who seemed to be excited to hear from his boss.

"I'm sending you the paperwork of a resort." Jack said before Kristoff was about to ask about Jack's condition. "R-resort?" Kristoff seemed confused.

"I will be buying it." Jack stared at Elsa with softened eyes.