Chapter 7: Grateful

3rd person POV

Elsa sat up as soon as she realised that she was on top of Jack. Jack awkwardly sat up too. Slowly when Elsa recovered from the shock of the accident, she regained her consciousness and then it suddenly struck her.

She glanced down at her body, as if she was trying to find something. She didn't seem to find it as she crawled towards the edge. But Jack stopped her as he caught a grip of her wrist.

"I didn't save you so that you'd crawl back to death." Jack glared at her. She slapped his hand away. "M-my shawl. I was wearing it while driving. But it's not with me right now. It must've fallen down there." Elsa was about to crawl back again but Jack caught her again.

"Are you insane? You're willing to risk your life for a mere shawl? Stop this nonsense. I'll buy you a new one." Jack said. "It was my mom's shawl! " Elsa cried out. "It's the last belonging of my mother that I have! Let me go!" Elsa pushed him away after slapping his hand.

But Jack didn't give up. He caught her wrist yet again. "If it's so important for you..... Stay put here." Jack ordered Elsa and he stood up and walked away. Elsa was confused.

He wished to go bring the shawl but Jack told her to wait. But why should she listen to him? But he is a mafia, who knows what he might do for disobeying his orders. But-

Elsa's thoughts were interrupted by Jack appearing out of nowhere. Elsa saw that Jack had a rope in his hands. He tied the rope to a big tree that was nearby.

Jack tied the other end of the rope around his waist and knelt down in front of Elsa. "If it's so important for you... I'll go down to bring it for you. Stay here." Before Elsa could even reply, he had already gone to the cliff and started climbing down.

Elsa was now regretting her decision of telling the shawl's importance to Jack. She hadn't expected that he would do something like this.

Elsa ran to the tree to go check if the rope was tied tight enough. She was just checking that when she heard Jack's voice. "Elsa!!" He called her name. Elsa had a thought in her mind what if something had happened to him.

Elsa hurried to the cliff and stared down to be relieved as Jack was in no danger. Instead, he had found the shawl and he was waving it at Elsa. Without even Elsa realizing, a smile had appeared onto her face.

Jack gestured that he's gonna climb up now. Elsa nodded. Jack climbed up. But just when he was about to reach the surface the rope loosened and it led to Jack falling off.

"JACK!!" Elsa screamed as she Jack's body falling down the cliff.

~•~

"What is your relationship with the patient?" One of the workers at the hospital questioned Elsa. Elsa had called an ambulance and brought Jack to the hospital.

Elsa couldn't say that he was once he kidnapper. "I.. I don't really know him." Elsa answered. The worker nodded. "The doctor handed me this shawl. He had been holding tight onto this shawl. It was quote uneasy to get it out of his grip. I suppose it belongs to him?"

"It's... It's mine.. It fell down the cliff and he climbed down to get and that's when this happened.. " It gave Elsa goosebumps to think of the incident. The worker believed Elsa's words and handed her the shawl.

Elsa wrapped the shawl around herself. Just then, the doctor was in sight. "Is he okay?" Elsa approached the doctor. "He is unconscious. But there's nothing to worry. He will wake up soon. He did break his ribs but he's young. So, it'll heal soon." The doctor informed.

Elsa felt a huge burden being lifted from her heart. "Can I go see him now?" Elsa asked. "Yes, you may." The doctor led Elsa to the room where Jack was kept.

Elsa watched Jack's unconscious body being covered with bandages. He had wounds all over his body. Elsa walked closer to his body and stared at him with guilty eyes.

"I have other patients to check. I'll leave him to you, then." The doctor said and left the room. Just after the doctor left the room, Jack suddenly opened his right eye slowly, checking if the doctor had gone. It startled Elsa. She backed away in surprise.

After making sure that the doctor had actually left the room, Jack opened both of his eyes. "Oh, you're here." He acted as if he didn't know earlier that Elsa was here.

"Are you insane?!" Elsa snapped at him. "W-what?" This sudden outburst of Elsa caused Jack to stutter. "Who am I to you? Huh? Why would you risk your life for just anyone? What would I have done if something had happened to you because of me?! Don't tell me you did it just to blame me for something-" But Jack didn't let her finish her words.

"Calm down, woman!" He exclaimed. "Is that what your parents taught you? To nag at people you should be thankful to? I know I ain't raised to be the most perfect man but at least I am taught to say thank you when I'm grateful and apologize when I feel sorry."

Elsa opened her mouth to say something but Jack spoke over her. "You know what? Just leave. There's no more reason for us to meet. I don't want to see your face." Jack spoke in an ordering tone.

Elsa didn't speak anymore. She turned around and stomped off out of the room. She slammed the door behind her. Just then suddenly the flashbacks of what Jack did for her came to her mind. How he was willing to risk it all to bring back her shawl. It gave her goosebumps.

~•~

Elsa sat there at the school canteen accompanied by her friends. She was working to search for ways to not sell the resort. Rapunzel and Merida had lent Elsa some money and she also had some savings but those weren't enough.

"Elsa, eat something." Rapunzel whinned. "Yeah, you've been working for a while now. You should probably eat." Merida suggested.

"Yes, Elsa, let's go eat! I'm hungry!!" Rapunzel whinned. "Go eat, I'll eat later." Elsa focused on her laptop in front of her. "I ain't eating alone. If we're eating. We're doing it together." Rapunzel demanded. Elsa diverted ber gaze from the screen of the laptop to Rapunzel.

Rapunzel innocently blinked her eyes and pouted. Elsa let out a sigh of defeat. Rapunzel was STUBBORN. "Fine, let's go." Elsa closed her laptop. "I'll keep the seats. Bring a plate for me too." Merida told them.

Elsa left her belongings there and stood in the queue with with Rapunzel in front of her. "Hey!" Elsa poked Rapunzel. "Hmm?" Rapunzel replied.

"What if I start working here at the canteen? I can earn money in that way!" Elsa's eyes gleamed in hope. "Seriously?" Rapunzel turned to face her. "Yeah, I mean it's nothing bad. I'm sure they wouldn't refuse a hand of help!" Elsa said.

"I should probably ask them if they hire students." Elsa was already forming a plan in her mind. Rapunzel turned around again to the front after sighing in defeat against Elsa.

Suddenly, a group of bulky guys cut the line and stood right in front of Rapunzel who had finally reachd the front of the queue. "Hey! Can't you see we're here? Go to the back of the line!" Rapunzel told them.

"Shut it, little woman. I don't hesitate to hit girls." The guy in front of her replied. "Hit girls? Yeah I can really see a brainless bulk here." Rapunzel snapped.

It must've triggered the guy because he turned around and grabbed Rapunzel's collar as he lifted her up from the floor. He couldn't lift her to a high height but she didn't have her legs on the floor anymore.

"Let her go!" Elsa approached the guy. "Don't interfere!" The guy pushed Elsa. Elsa stumbled back. "Elsa... " Elsa heard a familiar voice behind her. Elsa hoped for it not to be the person she think it is. But when she turned around, her prediction turned out to be right.

It was him....