Chapter 5

In a spacious hotel room, Thapakorn was using the glass table space to follow up during his vacation. The young man was an employee of a large organization, fortunately he had little business or sickness to take leave. At this time there was a reason to take leave claiming that the relative was sick, the supervisor was willing to give him leave as he wanted but anyway. He also brought a laptop to work with.

   “Within this week. I’ll find a way to come in and sign. Phii, I’m really sorry to keep you waiting.” He added his voice into his cell phone as his eyes focused on the laptop screen to read the troublesome piece and his signature is required on the part that needs to be corrected.

    “Yes, I will try to go as quickly as possible.” At the other end of the line seemed somewhat satisfied, he inquired about the ‘sickness of relatives’ that he cited as a reason for his leave.

   Sharp eyes glanced at the thin figure on the wide bed still lying still.

    “Well... she hasn’t gotten much better, maybe a little while longer.” He replied shortly, because if someone had to explain his illness, no one would believe it.

   “Yes, I will return as soon as possible. Thank you very much Phii.” He ended the call and turned to go back and read the emails that were in the system to continue following his work. But after a moment’s work, the phone rang again, this time it wasn’t his phone. The young man swept around the room and found the source of the noise was ‘Lalin’ cell phone.

   Thapakorn walked over to pick it up, saw it was an incoming call from the mother of 2 brothers Sawin and Lalin, and decided to answer the call.

   “Hello.”

   ‘Tha, right? Is Lin there?’

    “Lin... Uh... Lin is already asleep.”

   sleep? Right now?’ Thapakorn glanced at his watch and saw that it was only eleven o’clock.

   “Uh... yes. I thought she was asleep today. She looks tired. So, they come to stay at the hotel first, this mobile phone is stuck on me I don’t know how.” He deliberately said as if both he and Phonuma’s daughter are in different rooms, because they don’t want people to listen. It feels bad to learn that he’s sharing a room with ‘Lalin’.

    ‘Oh, is that so...’ The voice from the other end of the line sounded so bad that Thapakorn was worried.

   “Is something wrong Aunt Phon, do you want me to knock on Lin’s room?”

    ‘No need. Nothing anymore... Hey, when are you coming back?’

   “Now I have come to 2 temples. I am looking for the 3rd temple stuff. I should be able to find it by tomorrow.”

   ‘Then, hurry back.’

   “Yes.”

   ‘Please tell Lin that I miss her.’ and Phonuma hung up. Thapakorn was still fascinated by this woman’s unfavorable tone, so decided to call someone who would be able to find out for him.

   ... Chanonn

   …...

   Doctor Chanonn was just about to go home when he got a call from ‘Thapakorn’. He answered the call as he stepped foot into the car.

   “Are you still alive?! I thought you had been eaten by the menstruating stomachache!” The young doctor greeted me cheerfully. I can’t imagine how frustrated and angry that ‘Sawin’ is suffering from menstrual cramps, because he is usually irritable with Thapakorn as his former capital.