Chapter 2

“The benefactor’s father came to beg me at dawn, let me come here, because the Benefactor Thapakorn is the only one who can help the Benefactor Sawin and the benefactor’s young sister.” The abbot said in a cold tone. But the other three in the room froze and before anyone could even ask a question. Chanonn sent a question first.

   “Reverend Father, did I just hear you say...  Win’s father came to the Reverend Father?”

   ... Father... of Sawin, who passed away seven years ago? ...

    “Yes, Benefactor Amon came to meet me this morning.” The Reverend Father’s compassionate gaze cast his gaze on the startled, goosebumps in the bed.

   “R... Reverend Father means... You mean F... My father... My father, like a ghost?”

    “It is not correct to say that your father is a ghost but he is not a human being.”

   The figure on the bed moved the blanket up to his neck with a chilling sensation all over his body. Chanonn saw the ghostly fear of ‘Lalin’s body’ and smiled. No matter what body Sawin goes in, he acts the same. Does he know that he used his sister’s body, acting so stubborn that Chanonn has pity on the real Lalin for letting his brother borrow his body?

   “Then... the Reverend Father said that Tha and Win must help each other. What are they supposed to do?” And before he couldn’t hold back his laughter, Chanonn had to change the subject to something meaningful.

   “Benefactor Sawin and Benefactor Thapakorn, how many years have you been quarreling?” The old monk asked as the person who was huddled under the blanket paused. Sawin’s big, round but vengeful, original eyes glanced at his mortal enemy before answering loud and clear.

    “Seven years!” Seven years that he will never forget, the seven years that he lived with estrangement and announced the cut as one of us will have to die first, promise to Thapakorn who he has known since birth.

   ... Seven years... that turned into the kind of rage that just heard his name, Sawin was furious!

   “Then the two benefactors have to pay respect to the seven temples and ask for holy water from the seven temples back and come back to the hospital.”

    “Seven temples?! You want me to go to 7 temples with him? Reverend Father!” yelled Sawin loudly, what’s the matter with him going to temples with the person he hates most in the world?!

   “Uh... just 7 temples, Win… There are 10 temples in this area. You just need to pick 7 temples, you’ll go to them all in one day.” will show a miracle to defeat the monk first but the old abbot slowly shook his head.

   “Not just any temple, I will give the name of all 7 temples where the Benefactor Thapakorn and the other benefactor must go together.”

   “So, where are the 7 temples, Reverend Father talking about? Shouldn’t it be for me to roam the whole country?!” he asked, blocking the way and once again the old monk smiled faintly.

    “If you want to go through all the country temples, then go, because this is the only way the benefactor can help the benefactor’s young sister.” The person in bed gasped at the words that sounded so innocent. If he only saw Thapakorn’s face for one day, his blood pressure was still rising. If he had to go to seven temples and go! for fuck sake almost every region of Thailand, he would have killed Thapakorn in the second temple!

   “Benefactor Sawin was born on the 29th, right? On the 29th next month the two benefactors have to bring the seven temples holy water back to the hospital and I will perform the ceremony. If one goes alone, the returned holy water cannot be used.” As if to read Sawin’s mind, because the Reverend Father had choked so neatly that the man in bed could only bite his lip but didn’t question it.