Chapter 25 : Seokjin's torment - Memories (part 13)

Seokjin was frozen. It was not possible, there must have been a mistake. Seung couldn't be gone forever. He couldn't have left him without telling him anything.

"W-what?" he managed to articulate, hoping he heard wrong.

"Poor Seokjin, he lost his best friend and he didn't even know about it," Yoona said, shaking his head dramatically with a hand on his shoulder before withdrawing it with a disgust that she wanted as explicit as possible even if Seokjin did not understand her gesture.

"But that's impossible!" Seokjin cried, "we were supposed to see each other today, he told me that, his family could not decide to leave in two days and especially not when there was only one week left of class!"

"Seokjin, don't shout in class," his teacher gently admonished him without looking up from the files she was pulling out for the day's class.

"I-I'm sorry."

Seokjin couldn't believe that on Friday, he had seen Seung for the last time, that the goodbye he had given him was actually farewell. No, it was not possible, Seung had promised him. He had promised him that he would free him from Taehyung and the Kims. He wouldn't give up on him, Seokjin was sure of it.

"Oh yes, it's possible," Yoona said to him, "if it was Taehyung who decided he was coming to leave. Everyone knew how much he hated him, you must have been the only one who didn't realize it, poor thing."

Seokjin discovered Yoona's true face that day.

"You...you knew that Taehyung asked other people to hurt him?" Seokjin asked, looking up briefly at his teacher.

Catching his gaze, Yoona gave him a beaming smile.

"There is no need to expect support from the teachers, they were perfectly aware too. And not only did I know too, but I also made your precious Seung suffer without your knowledge, while you were making sweet eyes at me."

While it was true that Seokjin had developed preteen feelings that he did not control for Yoona who charmed him, they all flew away that day upon finding out what a plague Yoona was. The same way he had misjudged Taehyung, he had misjudged Yoona. How could he be so blind to the true nature of people?

"You... you're really mean, Yoona," Seokjin murmured, without finding anything else to say as he was hurt.

"Mean ?" Yoona burst out laughing at Seokjin's childish language and quipped: "Oh, poor baby! I'm hurt that you think that, I will miss your love for me. And what do you think of the others, then?"

Seokjin stood up and looked at the rest of the class watching them. Some like Ha-Neul wore the smirk of those who are happy to have been seen through, and others worriedly wondered how not to become the enemy of Taehyung and not disappear like Seung.

Yoona said to them:

"Seung must have been so scared of Taehyung on Friday that he fled with his parents during the weekend, you imagine ? And yet he had resisted all year, he was not a weak guy, I wonder how ruthless Taehyung was to successfully scare his entire family away. So fear Taehyung or you will meet the same fate! If you don't want to inflame Taehyung's anger towards you and become the next Seung, I advise you not to be friends with Seokjin in the future. He is the property of the Kims and Taehyung will not be happy if he feels that you are too close to him, believe me."

As some nodded around him, Seokjin looked at her in outrage.

"It's not true, don't say that!"

"Of course it is, Taehyung is the one who says so, are you calling him a liar?" the girl scoffed.