Chapter 23 : The brothers' conspiracy - Memories (part 11)

"T-Tae, what are you doing here?" Seokjin asked in a fearful voice, as thunder began to rumble in the distance.

Taehyung heard the fear in his voice but decided he deserved it. All the discussion he had had with Seung and especially the conclusion had pissed him off. Seokjin didn't want to live with him anymore and he despised him. It was a heavy blow for Taehyung. It was painful. But he wasn't going to let that happen. If he couldn't have Seokjin through friendship, then he would have him through fear, like everyone else.

"I came to get you, you are coming home," he announced coldly.

He strode forward and roughly grabbed Seokjin's wrist to pull him towards him.

"Ouch!" Seokjin cried out in pain, but he let himself be dragged away by Taehyung.

Usually, he would calmly explain things to Taehyung, certain that he would eventually convince him to let him do whatever he wanted. But that night, after hearing what Taehyung had done to Seung behind his back, and seeing the rage emanating from him, Seokjin didn't dare. He no longer recognized his friend at that moment, he frightened him.

"Let him go, you're hurting him!" Seung exclaimed as he immediately grabbed Taehyung's wrist to stop him from taking Seokjin in away.  "Jin doesn't want to go home with you, now he knows what kind of person you are!"

The young Kim growled menacingly, ready to strike and barely containing himself.

"Get off me, asshole!"

Seung wondered that Taehyung hadn't attacked him already. He remembered that Taehyung never directly hit him after the incident of the first day. Could it be that... no, a guy like him had no such qualms, he thought. But he couldn't help wondering: could he really care about the promise made to Seokjin? Was that why even now he still refrained from hurting him at that moment despite his rage?

He decided not to let go and replied defiantly:

"Not until you release Jin!"

"It's not gonna happen so move or else-"

"Jin!" Seung cut Taehyung, preferring to speak to Seokjin directly, encouraging him: "defend yourself, don't let him take you home, he has no say, you do what you want and what you want is to stay here with me, not go home with him! Right?"

Seokjin seemed to consider this option. After all, wasn't he free to stay if he wanted? Taehyung was only his friend, not his master or his father, he didn't have to order him back. Taehyung felt he was about to break free from his grip and he was deeply displeased.

"SEOKJIN !" he roared, tightening his grip around Seokjin's wrist and pulling it sharply.

Seokjin flinched. Not because of the pain, but because of how Taehyung had called him. Indeed, Taehyung had never called him by his full name, he had always called him friendly by his diminutive "Jin".

He seemed by this simple change to have established a sudden distance between them, as if reminding him that they were not equals and that Taehyung had the ascendancy over him. That Seokjin belonged to him. Memories he would have liked to forget forever resurfaced in his mind and in his flesh, and made him pale.

Seeing that he was dumbfounded and trembling with fear, Taehyung lowered his voice slightly but he remained threatening:

"Remind me when I allow you to sleep here?"

"Y-you didn't allow me..." Seokjin stuttered in a whisper, no longer seeking to affirm his freedom.

"Exactly, so now you're going to follow me and come home with me."