Chapter 12 : Scar

As he finished his meal tray brought earlier by a nurse , Seokjin looked at Taehyung who had barely touched his when he had a whim to get the hospital to provide him with a tray as well when he wasn't even a patient.

"Why aren't you eating?" Seokjin asked.

"It's disgusting, I'm going to talk to the director to get this dog food changed."

Seokjin rolled his eyes.

"You are too picky. Just order food from outside if you don't like the hospital food."

Now that he was hydrated, full and clean, Seokjin felt better. He'd taken advantage of the locked bathroom door earlier to take a quick shower despite Taehyung's ban and shake off the sweat from the game. As he had no other clothes as all his things had remained at school, he had been forced to put on a new hospital gown but he was going to have to slip back into the unchanged sheets. However, he felt likewise better with a clean body.

Of course, he pointed out to Taehyung that now he was the stinker of them - a disgrace to his preciousness - and that he had better go wash up, but Taehyung, to annoy him, decided not to wash up and go back to bed with that smell that Seokjin hated so much.

Before eating, Seokjin was able to call his mother with Taehyung's phone and reassure her about his condition, telling her that he would be discharged the next morning from the hospital after seeing the doctor. She had told him that she would pick him up with clean clothes and that she would pay the hospital bills. He could then spend a day at home or go back to school if he felt able.

Since Seokjin already felt capable and didn't want to miss class to avoid falling even further behind than he already had, he told her that he would go straight to school when he left the hospital in the morning. Yoko had also told him something that had been running through his head throughout the dinner.

"Taehyung, thank you for worrying about me, mom said you were really scared and she hopes you're feeling better too. To be honest, I didn't realize you could be so worried about me after... after everything that happened between us. So thanks," Seokjin thanked, pushing away the moving table that had his tray on it and curling up comfortably in bed, while Taehyung, on his side of the bed, concentrated on his phone.

Unlike Seokjin, he had a state-of-the-art Samsung smartphone and spent a lot of time on it. Yet he didn't seem to be enjoying it, always frowning as he stared at the screen, as if everything he saw on it annoyed him. What he was doing on it was still a mystery to Seokjin who wasn't the least bit interested in it though.

He probably had to scroll through the social media profiles of other heirs, sometimes jealous of them and hurrying to also buy the latest fashionable clothes they wore, other times mocking them, badmouthing everyone with his gang of rich mean people and planning the next bad things he would do to someone. Especially if that someone was Seokjin.

"What makes you think I worried about you?" Taehyung replied without looking up from his phone, his fingers tapping furiously on the touchscreen.

"Well first, you said it yourself earlier!"

"I didn't say I was worried or scared, just that I cared. It's very different."

"Yes, but you stayed there with me while I was unconscious instead of going to your evening classes," the footballer said simply, deeming that sufficient proof.

"Why would I prefer to go to my evening classes? Why anyone would want to go to evening classes voluntarily? You are so weird," the other pointed out.

"Then, can I take your place in evening classes from now on if you hate them? I could pretend I'm you and your parents wouldn't know," asked hopefully Seokjin who could have needed some school reinforcement given his cultural backwardness compared to his classmates.