HBP 13

Rory glances out of the window of the corridor she was in. There hanging in the sky above the school was the blazing green skull with a serpent tongue, the mark Death Eaters left behind whenever they had entered a building, wherever they had murdered.

"Look what we have here" She hears someone say as she spins around to see him stood directly behind her. A big, rangy man with matted grey hair and whiskers, his voice a rasping bark. The strong smell of dirt, sweat, and blood coming from him. His filthy hands had long yellowish nails. his sharp teeth bared in a grin. He grabs her wand and throws it before she even has a chance to cast a spell. "Oh dear looks like someone already beat me to it" He looks down at the scar on her neck as she takes a step back. She hears footsteps running toward them.

"Get away from her" Remus shouts running towards Rory with Bill.

"What do we have here. If it isn't Remus Lupin"

"Get away from her Greyback" Greyback smirks at Remus grabbing Rory before speaking.

"She means something to you doesn't she. Is this your goddaughter Lupin, Aurora Potter. I mean we were told not to hurt her but what he doesn't know. Your love for her is what's going to kill her, how do you feel"

"Don't hurt her. This is between me and you not her. Let her go" Remus pleads.

"Oh begging, not going to work I'm afraid, not when there are throats to be ripped out. Delicious, delicious" he sinks his teeth into Rory's neck and digs his claw like nails into her sides as she screams out in pain. Bill manages to pull him off of her whilst Remus catches her, slowly lowering her to the floor and placing a hand on her neck to stop the bleeding. She looks over at Bill and sees Greyback attack him as Bill falls to the ground his face covered in blood. She uses the last bit of her strength to throw Greyback off of Bill before she starts to lose consciousness. She sees someone running to Bill as she closes her eyes feeling tired.

"Rory stay awake. Rory come on baby I need you to keep your eyes open for me" She hears Remus begging her as he picks her up and starts to run to the hospital wing "Rory keep your eyes open. Concentrate on me"

"Moony" She says barely a whisper "I'm so tired"

"No No No Rory come on please stay awake. You're going to be fine" he runs through a door placing her down and placing his hand back on her neck.

"Poppy" She hears Tonks voice shout as Rory looks up at Remus, struggling to stay awake.

"Come on wolf stay with me" Remus begs.

"I'm sorry Moony" She whispers as she finally gives in to the tiredness.

"Aurora" is the last thing she hears before everything goes black.

"We're going to the hospital wing," Ginny said grabbing Harry.

"I'm not hurt," Harry told her.

"It's McGonagall's orders. Everyone's up there, Ron and Hermione and Lupin and everyone" Fear stirred in Harry's chest again.

"Ginny, who else is dead?"

"Don't worry, none of us."

"But the Dark Mark Malfoy said he stepped over a body"

"He stepped over Bill, but it's all right, he's alive." There was something in her voice, however, that Harry knew boded ill.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure he's a bit of a mess, that's all. Greyback attacked him. Madam Pomfrey says he won't won't look the same anymore" Ginny's voice trembled a little. "We don't really know what the aftereffects will be I mean, Greyback being a werewolf, but not transformed at the time. But he wasn't the only one attacked by Greyback Harry, he got attacked after he pulled Greyback off of Rory"