POA 1

Rory wakes with a start from her usual nightmare. The faces of her dead parents permanently in her mind as she looks over at her younger sibling fast asleep.

It was the next night and Harry was muttering spells under his cover.

"Lumos Maxima" Harry mutters. 

"Harry you should be sleeping not trying to do magic you know it's against the rules you could get in trouble with the ministry" Rory whispers to him just as they hear footsteps, they quickly pretend to be asleep as Vernon opens the door to check on them.

"Right sorry Ror" Harry says once Vernon shuts the door again.

"Night Harry" She smiles at him before rolling over and closing her eyes.

"Night sis"

They all wake up early the next day waiting for Marge to arrive. The doorbell rings as Rory sends Harry a smile.

"Well one of you get the door will you" Aunt Petunia shouts to Rory and Harry.

"I'll get it" Rory says smiling at the Harry.

"Thanks Ror" She walks to the front door. As she opens the door Marge barges in with her horrible little bulldog called Ripper followed by Uncle Vernon carrying her large suitcase for her before dropping it in front of Harry.

"Marge. Welcome how was the train?" Petunia greets her.

"Wretched. Ripper got sick"

"Ah how unfortunate" Petunia says looking down at Ripper.

"I would've left him with the others, but he pines so when I'm away. Don't you, darling?" Marge puckers her lips at Ripper and leads him down the hallway. Harry follows with Vernon. As Rory heads back upstairs. Harry walks through the bedroom door after a few minutes.

"What did he say when you asked him to sign the Hogsmeade form" Rory asks once she see his face.

"He'll think about it if I behave"

"You behave has he met you. Sorry Harry looks like you'll be missing out this year"

"Thanks for the confidence Aurora appreciate it" Harry says as Rory mock salutes him.

"Anytime baby brother of mine"

"Shut up" Harry glares at her.

After dinner Rory helped Harry with the dishes so they could hurry up and get back upstairs and away from the Dursleys. Vernon walked over and grabbed a bottle of brandy before going back over towards Marge.

"Can I tempt you Marge?" He asks as if she would turn down brandy.

"Just a small one. A bit more a bit more.  That's the boy. Aah. Excellent nosh, Petunia. It's normally just a fry-up for me, what with twelve dogs" She says as she lowers her brandy and lets Ripper take a slobbery lap out of the glass before turning and catching the Potters looking at the scene before them with disgust and amusement at the same time. "What are you smirking at. Where is it that you send them again, Vernon?"

"The boy goes to St Brutus's. It's a first rate institution for hopeless cases and the girl goes to the all girls school just down the road" Once Vernon's stopped talking Rory looks at Harry and notices the frown on his face at those words.

"Just ignore them" She whispers to them.

"I see and do they use the cane at St Brutus's boy?" Marge continues.

"Oh yes. I've been beaten loads of times" Harry answers as the Potters try not to laugh.

"Excellent. I won't have this namby-pamby wishy-washy nonsense about not hitting people who deserve it. Still. Mustn't blame yourself for how they turned out, Vernon. It all comes down to blood. Bad blood will out. What is it that their father did, Petunia?"