𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

【 you know i wanna be your destiny,so please just say hello

you know i wanna be your destiny,
so please just say hello.
— Shawn Mendes, Just Say Hello.

『𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐕𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐑』

1 Year and 8 Months Earlier...

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄. No stars, no clouds, no moon. Simply a blanket of blue in the shade of nightmares and loneliness. Not a sound as well. Silence so deafening, it feels like her head was caged in a cement box. Or at least, that's how it was outside of her mind. Inside, however, played a memory disguising itself as a recurring dream.

"It will only last a second, sweetheart."

Her mother's velvety voice echoed in her head, once a sound so comforting, her mere whisper felt like a gentle embrace. Now a reminder of what she'd done. Fiola Dragonne looked down at her, placing an object in the girl's tiny palm.

"Well done, Solaria."

It was the night of the Soul-binding Ritual. The night that was supposed to make her a true Dragonne, as true as she can be. It was supposed to be rewarding—enlightening. But ever since, she just became even more buried with questions she was too scared to search the answers for.

"You've done your family proud."

Her eyes slowly opened upon the end of the dream, or rather, the nightmare that she had. Her lids revealed where her spark used to be, twinkling in her eyes with the essence of her childhood innocence. There in the same circular blue crystal for eyes now lies the bittersweet realisation of her return to her bleak reality—one just as dim as the one she watched with her eyes closed and her consciousness absent.

Unlike some, Solar does not gasp awake after a recurring nightmare that stemmed from the trauma of her childhood. She wakes up, peacefully, in the middle of the night, and has no trouble going back to sleep after.