8

The meeting Grace had found online wasn't where it was supposed to be. There was one only a block from Taylor's, she had waited fifteen minutes but no one showed up.

She thought it had to have been the worst place in the world for a meeting because it was next to a bar. She watched enough people go in and out, it was eight on a Friday night so of course it was busy.

"You want one?" A guy on the street offered her a cigarette. She had been standing outside the bar contemplating going in. She contemplated calling Amber or Michael, hell, she almost called Chris because he'd make some joke about her accent and for a second she wouldn't want to have a drink.

She didn't really want to give up her two weeks, she'd worked hard for them. All she wanted was the boost of happiness and calmness that drinking brought her. For a moment, she wanted to be her old self.

"No, thank you," Grace shook her head, "I do not smoke."

"Good for you," he put his own in his mouth and lit it, "Are you hooking?"

Grace looked down at her outfit, did she look like a hooker? She wasn't even showing her ankles, "No... there's supposed to be an AA meeting here."

He chuckled drily, it made her spine run cold, "Hon, they shut it down the second the bar opened up. There's one two blocks over on White and Broadway. It's the last one for the night."

"How would you know?"

"I'll be there in the morning," he said and then took a long drag, "Friday's my night off."

"From being sober?" She inquired even though she thought she should probably run. Where was Parker when she needed him?

"White and Broadway," he glanced at his watch, "If you walk fast, you can make it."

"Thank you."

Then, Grace walked right into the bar and dug into her wallet, she pulled out the loose five and ten dollar bills she had leftover from the DMV and waited for the bartender.

"Strongest thing that will get me."

"You got it," he laughed at her. It wouldn't be much, not in Tribeca.

In the apartment, Taylor tapped her fingers against the counter as her entire body shook with anxiety. Grace walking out was scary enough but Grace walking out into the city alone after sundown was an even worse thought. She knew security would kill her (if someone else didn't) if she even thought about trying to find her without help, so she did the only thing she could think of.

She called Amber.

"Hey, it's Taylor," Taylor inhaled shakily, her entire body felt cold with anxiety, "Grace walked out to go to a meeting. We had a fight. I don't know what to do and I didn't know who to call. She's probably fine but it's dark and she doesn't know this neighbourhood well."

"What time is it?" The other blonde looked at the clock on the oven, "Shit, it's getting late. Did she say which she was going to?"

"No, I didn't think to ask. I kind of froze," the singer admitted, "I'm worried about her walking around alone out there."

"She wouldn't have gone far, look online and see if there's one close to you that runs this late. There's probably a few."

"Yeah," Taylor started to walk towards her laptop, "I'm sorry to call you— I know you're Grace's sponsor, I was hoping she called you."

"No, Mike says she didn't call him either. Our phones are on, we have a habit of answering and people know that. It's fine that you called... but did you try calling her?"