5

After a long day of cuddling while watching Netflix on Taylor's laptop and stealing kisses when Grace felt like she needed more attention than she was getting, Grace got up the next morning and went into the shower.

There were frequent meetings at the community centre, she had picked up a schedule earlier in the week so that she knew when they ran in case she needed to go during work hours. It wasn't like Michael would fire her for it, no one ever called anyways. Everyone went directly to him if they needed something done.

She sent Taylor a text so she would see it when she woke up, she was careful not to disturb her so that she could get her sleep. Taylor didn't like being disturbed and she couldn't blame her for it.

Grace poured a cup of the shitty coffee from the coffee pot by the door and took her usual seat in the back. She waved to the woman who always shared about her cats and then shifted her eyes down to the floor. She wasn't used to going alone, Amber or Michael had always been with her.

"No company today?" Alan, her coworker asked as he took a seat. She had managed to avoid everyone besides when they clocked in every morning.

"Do I look that nervous?" She asked in response. She had tried not to show it.

"Only a little. I thought Mike would be with you."

"He's coming later, I believe. I was already in town so I came by myself," she explained to him.

"I thought you didn't drive."

"I do not, my girlfriend is in town."

"Ah, Taylor Swift, right?" He chuckled.

"Alan, she really is Taylor Swift," Grace pulled her phone out of her pocket, sick of that joke already even though this was the second time they had ever spoken. She opened her camera roll and selected a picture she had taken of Taylor and Gracie discussing how you hold your pinky while having a tea party.

"Oh," his face fell, "Damn, dude."

It was hard for him to deny it, that was a very real picture of his boss' daughter with the international pop-star. Gracie was like the town mascot, everyone knew her and her parents.

"What the hell are you doing in Glenville?"

"My brother lives here. I was supposed to marry someone today and this seemed like the better alternative," she replied with a dry chuckle. It really was her supposed-to-be wedding day, "What did you do to get arrested?"

"Bar fight," he ignored the marriage comment because he didn't know if his rocky sobriety could handle inquiring into that mess.

"Who did you fight?"

"The sheriff's son."

"That is quite the lapse in judgement," she covered her mouth so she didn't laugh.

"Nah, he had it coming."

"Not that I encourage violence, but I know some people you could target next if you ever decided to go down that path anew."

"...Thank you?"

"Certainly."

Grace splurged on real coffee from the cafe they were supposed to meet her family at in an hour and a half. She appreciated the small, early-bird meeting she had gone to because she walked right past the liquor store on the way to and from the hotel and did nothing more but look in.