6

Taylor had to get back to the city that evening and everyone had work the next day so it didn't make sense for her to stick around when she could be productive during the week.

Grace had pleaded with her not to go, she said Taylor could share her twin bed with her and bring her guitar to the office but the singer laughed and squeezed her tighter as she said goodbye.

"I love you and I'll see you on Friday night. Can I pick you up from work?" The blonde had convinced Grace that she would make the drive back and forth to pick her up on Friday and drop her off on Sunday night because it wasn't any more time than flying to London had been and they'd get to do a lot of it together.

It was almost like negotiating custody between her and Michael, although she much preferred it to having to put up with Charles. She also didn't hate driving through the countryside. The drive to Michael's had been pleasant and the reward at the end had been even sweeter.

"I will be waiting," Grace refused to let go of Taylor's embrace in the driveway of Michael's house. Taylor tried to wiggle out but Grace squeezed tighter and wrapped her legs around Taylor's waist the second that Taylor jokingly started to pick her up.

"Sweetie," Taylor laughed, "I'm leaving you here!"

"Leave me here, just stay with me," Grace mumbled into Taylor's neck, she really didn't want her to go.

"I like carrying you like this," Taylor hummed and let it continue for a second longer, "Okay, Gracie, I want to get home before it's dark."

"That is your problem," Grace did not move.

Taylor removed her hands from under Grace's butt and without the support, her girlfriend had no choice but to surrender when holding herself up alone got too hard.

She planted her feet back on the floor and sighed, "One more kiss?"

"I'm not falling for that, you'll never let go of me again," Taylor blew her a kiss through the air and opened her door, "Be safe! Go to meetings, go to work, get some sleep, I love you to the moon and back."

"I love you to the moon and back and then once more," Grace smiled weakly. She didn't want Taylor to go because Taylor was the one thing she still had from her old life and when she left, it felt like she had been transported to another universe, "Text me when you get home so I know you arrived safely. Please, darling,"

"I will," Taylor closed the door and waved through the tinted window as she pulled out of the long winding driveway. Grace stood there and watched until it was out of sight and realized that she did not want to do a single thing other than have a drink and wait for Taylor to come back.

It sucked.

She went back in the house and looked at her brother sitting with Gracie to build a tower out of oversized building blocks. She knew it would only be a little while until he went to tend to the horses again, "I need to keep my hands busy."

He glanced around the living space, "There's dishes to be done."

"Wonderful," Grace turned and looked at them stacked up in the sink. Her first instinct was to call Taylor and ask her how to do dishes but she had recently become more resourceful and instead pulled a YouTube tutorial up.

She had already been watching a series that was teaching her how to use Excel for work and she was sure that with a little more practice, she could cut her work hours down to almost nothing by automating it.

She did like having a job, she just found that job boring even though she could barely figure out how to use the computer. She'd almost mastered Excel.