𝟓

❧ ( 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 ) ☙
.

❧ ( 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 ) ☙

.

     Two weeks had passed since I had returned to Hogwarts. I had fallen into a routine. Class, homework, eat, sleep. A part of me wished I could see Reggie more but he was stuck in his classes as well as quidditch.

      But today was different, I had seen a lot of him but not in a good mood.

     "Honestly Rosier, just fuck off," Reggie spat pushing Evan out of the way and turning the corner.

     "Who put a stick up his ass," Alec asked as we both watched him walk away.

     Alec and I were sitting in the Great Hall grabbing a snack before I had to head off to Alchemy. I was late for class but Alec had pulled me aside–no, strangled me until I came to get some food since it was her free period.

     "Syl, can we talk," Evan asked walking over to Alec and I.

     "Yeah, what's up," I asked as he sat down.

     Evan put his head in his hands and groaned, "It's Reggie, I haven't seen him like this in a while."

     I rubbed his shoulder in comfort telling him to continue.

     "Last then he was like this, it was when Sirius ran away last year. That filthy blood traitor, but still his older brother. I cannot fathom what he was feeling at the moment but that's where his attitude got worse. Being a part of one of the most powerful pure-blood families gives you the attitude. Sylvie, this version of him was so much worse," Evan ranted sighing.

     "Oh Evan—," I started saying before he cut me off.

      He continued, "I stayed friends with him thought out the whole thing. I took his anger and pain without question because he's my best friend and always will be."

     I started again, "Evan—."

     He held up a hand stopping me, "Let me just vent. Now with the whole betrothal contract, he's being forced to act a certain way, look a certain way, and be just but cruel. Sylvie, there is no doubt inside me that he doesn't love you, he truly does, ever since you were children but he hates not being able to love you on his own terms."

     Alec spoke up, "I can agree to that, he's never been as cruel as he has ever been to Sylvie. Sure attitude but he's never been the way he has with others."