Part 40 || The Second Match.

You woke up in Fushi's arms. You didn't remember falling asleep in this position last night, so you got a bit flustered, but warmly smiled. Fushi was still asleep so you quietly got out of his grasp and stood up. You then sat next to him.

He looked so peaceful. The way his upper body was moving up and down with each breath. You felt bad. Sleeping was the only rest he gets. He's always up and doing something.

You waited about twenty minutes until he woke up. "Good morning, Fushi." You said, smiling. He rubbed his eyes and smiled back at you.

- - -

You both ended up at the wall you wanted to get over to save Pioran. Fushi tried to climb the wall with arrows. "Fushi! Get down! It hurts a lot if you fall down!" You yelled up at him, worried about his safety. You knew very well that he and you were immortal, but you knew that falling from a height that high would hurt a lot. He didn't listen, and continued to climb the wall by stabbing the arrows in between the crevices of the bricks. An arrow then slipped and he fell to the ground from the high height he was at. Damn... If only I were stronger... Fushi thought. You immediately ran over to him to check up on him.

"Fushi! Are you okay?! I told you not to do it... Does it still hurt?" You asked him, checking him up. It seemed to had healed up already and you let out a sigh of relief. "Misen, it's okay... I got this." Fushi said, creating more arrows and started to climb up the wall again using the same method as before. "Fushi! Fushi! Get down!" You called out. He lost his grip and fell down again. You ran over to him.

"Ugh, Fushi!" You exclaimed, checking him up again. He looked upset at himself. "I wish I were stronger..." He said to you. "For you and Pioran..." He muttered under his breath, just quiet enough so that you couldn't hear it. You looked at him with pity in your eyes. He was always so hard on himself. "No, Fushi-" You began speaking, but then got interrupted by someone else.

"Yo, immortals." Tonari said. You looked up at her, and got up from your crouching position. "The match starts in two hours. You better be there, Fushi." Tonari said, looking down at Fushi who was still on the floor. Fushi made a mad expression. You couldn't tell whether he was mad at himself for not being able to climb the wall or mad at Tonari. "Don't make that face. You shouldn't worry about yesterday. I'll forgive you." Tonari said. You tried to give her a smile.

"Tonari. Can I speak with you?" Tonari's boss asked. Oh, him again... You thought to youself. "Our customer has run off somewhere. Got any idea where?" The boss asked. "The immortals? They're right over there." Tonari said, pointing at you and Fushi. "Huh? Not them. I mean that woman who came from Yanome." Tonari's boss said. Tonari thinks back on the creepy person with that smile and hood.

- - -

Tonari and her boss viewed a tournament that Fushi wasn't apart of. This tournament would be determining who would go against Fushi in the arena that day. The woman seemed to tear through everyone quickly in the arena, killing everyone else, leaving her as the second victor. Fushi's new opponent for the upcoming tournament. Tonari looked at her. "Does she intend to win the tournament?" Tonari asked, her smile still on her face. "The captain is going to be so angry!" Tonari's boss worriedly said, putting his hands together.

- - -

You and Fushi were near the wall. Fushi was now in his wolf form, but you were still in your regular human form. You walked with him. He heard the wind rustle and smelled something. He turned his head towards the scent and noise. "What is it, Fushi?" You asked, curious to what he turned his attention to. "Nothing, just..." He said, trailing off.  He heard a, "chk", "skrt", and "scuff scuff", come from underground a bit. What's that sound...? Fushi thought to himself. You couldn't hear those sounds since you were in your human form, therefore your hearing wasn't advanced as Fushi, who was in his wolf form.