#8: Take responsibility.

Chapter Eight: "Take responsibility."
A/N: bolded name = pov; okay I know some of y'all are not keen with the fwb idea for rosekook but I want to ask y'all to give it a chance. It won't be the typical 'I don't care, you don't care' plot I swear. I'm using this plot to show that casual relationships can actually be a good and healthy base for sincere ones in future and don't necessarily have to be toxic. I don't want to spoil so I'll stop here but do read with an open mind please. Thank you <3

Jennie

"Jen, you've got to ask him out before he gets taken!" Nayeon exclaims as we head to the dorm together after classes. It was Tuesday and it was an early day for us.

"You know I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because there is like zero chances that Yoongi likes me back and if I confess, then I'm neither getting with him nor will I be able to stay friends with him." I explain, scanning my ID so the gate opens for us.

"You're just assuming." Nayeon argues. "You never know what he truly feels till you ask."

I shake my head. "I ain't taking the risk."

"So what if that girl decides to confess to him and he starts dating her?" When I shrug in response, Nayeon looks at me in frustration. "Seriously?"

"What can I do?" I ask.

"For starters, you can make a move or at least give him a hint that you like him," she suggests. "It's better than sitting duck and becoming depressed from one-sided love."

I give her a weird look. "Okay, that is a little extreme. It's a harmless crush on my friend. Not one-sided love that can mess up my mental health."

"Ok agreed." She puts up a hand in surrender. "But still. Trust me, it's harder than you think to see the one you like with someone else."

"I'll force myself to get used to it if it happens." I say with determination. "Now, let me be."

"Fine, don't say I didn't warn you."

"What are you doing tonight?" I change the subject.

"Don't know," she shrugs. "You?"

"I've got an essay to work on but after that I'm probably just going to finally finish that movie since Lisa has her academy today and so I have no company."

"Why don't you ask Yoongi to hang out with you?" She asks suggestively and I roll my eyes. This girl was not giving it a rest.

"No."

"Oh come on. There is no basketball today. He's probably free tonight."

"It's weird to just ask him to hang out."

"Just tell him you're bored and want some company. Aren't you guys friends?"

"Yeah but we don't usually hang out in pairs like that. Unless it's coincidental or everyone else isn't free."

"Jen, you have to try and come out of your norm sometimes." Nayeon advises. "I know you're introverted and I get that my suggestions might be too outrageous for you, but sometimes, you might actually get something good out of them."

**
Jungkook

It's been two days since Chaeyoung gave a daring proposal to me and I haven't given her my answer and nor has she asked for it, probably assuming I needed more time. We have not talked since then either though she did wave at me yesterday when we passed each other by chance.

"Dude, earth to." Taehyung snaps his fingers in front of me.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you lost?"