Chapter 8 - The Turning Point

The day after my meeting with NO NAME, which happened to be the girl I met at the ice cream shop, Hinami Aoi, it was time for my date with Yuki.

I hung out with Yuki an uncountable amount of times, but this was the first time she specifically called it a date.

Noticing this small change, I decided to dress up slightly better than usual. I looked through my closet, and picked my clothes for the day. I wore a white polo on top of which I put a black sweatshirt, grey jeans.

Now that I think about it, these clothes are quite similar to the ones I wore yesterday. So much for deciding to dress up slightly better than usual. I should buy some different colored clothes, perhaps some fancier ones.

I head to the living room and prepared to go.

"Going out now?" Dad asked me.

"Yeah."

"That's the second day in a row you head out to have lunch with your friends. I'm starting to think my food doesn't taste good," Mom joked.

"Your food is the best, Mom, don't worry. The thing is, Yuki asked me out on a date. I can't refuse that, can't I?" I decided to be honest with them this time.

"Oh-ho? Yuki-chan asked you on a date? No complaints from me then, go get them, Kiyo!"

"Mom, that's a bit embarrassing."

"Heh, just kidding, but seriously, are you two going out?"

"No. At least... not yet."

"Not yet, you say, that's my boy!" Dad said while patting me on the back.

"Atsuomi! Don't encourage our boy to be a playboy!"

"It's not that, Mika. Our son hasn't never been in a relationship, so I'm cheering for him. Plus, Yuki-chan is a great girl and a good fit for our boy. You have my support, Kiyotaka," he nodded.

"Uh, thanks, but I never said I liked her that way."

"Come on, Kiyo, you can't hide anything from us. We can tell just by looking at your face!"

"Is that so?"

"Yes, now don't disappoint me, Kiyo!" Mom cheered me on as I put on my shoes, which were my beloved white sneakers. Seriously, how are they so energetic when it comes to romance?

I sighed.

"Well, I'm heading out now, bye Mom and Dad!" I said goodbye to them as I opened the front door and left.

I messaged Yuki to tell her I was on my way.

Yuki

I'm coming to your house
I'll be there in a few minutes
11:34 AM [You]

I then started walking over to her house.

"... the favor is the following: let's go on a date this weekend during which I decide what we do!"

She did say that, didn't she?

What in the world did she plan?

As I quickly arrived at her house, I had many questions popping up in my head.