Chapter 1 - Welcome To The School Life Of Your Dreams

Good news, the big day has finally arrived!

Bad news, I overslept on the big day!

Damn me, I forgot to turn on my alarm last night when I head to bed. Now I'm basically running late for the first day of school. I would definitely have been late if it weren't for Mom waking me up before she left for work. Even so, I didn't have the time to eat breakfast. I quickly got myself ready and changed into my school uniform. I looked into the mirror one last time to make sure I didn't have too much bed hair.

As my dad had also left the house, I was the last one to leave. With my stomach growling, I put on my shoes as took one last glance in my bag to make sure I didn't forget anything important.

Phone? Check. Wallet? Check. Keys? Check.

After making sure I had everything, I left the house, locked the door, and head off with my bike since I was late.

I looked at my watch, it was 8:25 AM. I had twenty minutes before school starts. Being late on the first day is definitely not something I want to happen. Not to mention the fact that I was basically already late, as students usually head to school much earlier on the first day to know what class they're in. Considering the fact that I'll have to search for my name amongst all the names from all the classes, I decided to text Eiichiro.

Eiichiro

Yo, long story short, I'm running a bit late, can you tell me what class I'm in?
8:26 AM [You]

Looking at my phone, I also realized Yuki had sent me a message. Yuki lived in the neighborhood as us, so it was the routine for us to walk to school together. She had asked me if I wanted to walk to school with her today.

Yikes, I didn't see her message when she sent it.

Yuki

Hey Kiyo, wanna walk to school together? (ᵔᴥᵔ)
8:02 AM [Yuki]

Kiyo?
Well, I'm going on ahead, don't be late!
8:13 AM [Yuki]

Sorry, I'm running late so don't mind me
8:26 AM [You]

Already familiar with the route, I quickly rode my bike and head towards school. Normally, taking the train would take around thirty minutes. A normal bike ride to the school would take more than forty.

I had to get there in twenty minutes.

Noticing that my situation wasn't improving, I decided to go as fast as I possibly could. The most frustrating part was waiting at red lights. The most worrying part was not seeing a single student in my school's uniform. Damn it, I hate this.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out with my right hand, leaving my left hand on the handle bar.

Yuki

What a shame, I wanted to walk to school together
You better make up for this! (^ᴥ^)
8:30 AM [Yuki]

Yes ma'am.
8:31 AM [You]

I guess I'll have to treat her to ice cream... again.

As for Eiichiro...

Eiichiro

Late on the first day of school, eh?
I guess I'll help you then, you're in my class, Class D
You better hurry up lol
8:31 AM [Eiichiro]