Chapter 2 - Eating Food And Getting Along

Today was a Tuesday, but most importantly, it was the second day of our high school lives. Technically speaking it was the first, as yesterday was just some introductions and boring speeches. Today, the real classes start.

And no, I'm not going to be late today. I put an alarm at 7:00 AM to make sure that I'll be on time. Well, in truth, while the alarm woke me up violently at 7:00, I stayed in my bed for a good thirty minutes thinking about life, which wasn't the wisest of my decisions, I must admit.

In the end, I finished eating breakfast a bit before 8, leaving me around 20 minutes to prepare myself and get ready for school.

As usual, Dad had already left for work, while Mom was also preparing to leave, as she was putting on her shoes at the entrance.

"I'll be going now, Kiyo. Have a good day at school!" she said to me.

"I will Mom, see you," I replied and waved goodbye to her as she left the house, leaving me alone.

Making sure I had all my textbooks for the day, I closed my bag. Today's classes included Japanese History, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies, to name a few.

Personally, my favorites subjects are math and science. I suppose sports is also one of my favorites subjects, but it's not really a subject in my eyes. Seriously, if sports is a subject, you might as well count lunch as one. I mean, do people actually learn anything in sports? No, you just have fun doing sports. Well, I guess I'm speaking on behalf of those you actually enjoy doing sports. Some people hate sports, because they're unathletic or things of the sort.

Anyway, I had finished my preparations when my phone rang. It was a call from Yuki.

"Hey, Kiyo, are you ready for school?"

"No, I just woke up."

"Eh! Are you going to be late again?!"

"I'm just joking. What's up?"

"That was a horrible joke. Well, we're going to school together, no? So I wanted to check up on you."

Oh right.

Yesterday night, after eating dinner, I spent a lot of time on my phone, specifically on LINE. The class group chat, which had just been created by Ichinose, was flooding with messages. In parallel, I was receiving messages from my friends, including Yuki. As a result, I ended up promising her that we would go to school together.

"Oh, is that so? Well I'm about to leave my house. Should I wait for you outside yours?"

"That'd be great, I'll be ready in a few minutes."

"Okay, see you soon, Yuki."

"Yeah, bye Kiyo!" she said as she hung up.

Yuki's house was even closer to the train station than mine. Since I pass by her house on my way to the station, I figured it was the ideal meeting spot. Leaving my house and locking the front door, I walked over to her house.

Man, life sure is peaceful when you're not running late.

I was in front of her house when the front door opened.

"Oh, hey Kiyotaka! You're waiting for Yuki?"

"Hello Tsubasa. Yes, I'm waiting for Yuki, is she coming out soon?"

In front of me was Yuki's younger sister, Nanase Tsubasa. She is a friend of mine who is year younger than me, like Takuya and Ichika, and who is particularly close to Eiichiro, who has sort of a soft spot for her. She had hip-length blonde hair and blues eyes, along with a calm personality.