Chapter 9 - A New Day

I woke up feeling more refreshed than usual, which was weird, considering today was a Monday, easily the worst day of the week. 

I thought back to everything that happened yesterday, and suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was a notification from none other than Yuki.

Oh yeah, I have a girlfriend now. I almost forgot about that.

Anyway, I had to get myself ready to go to school with Yuki, picking her up at her house.

As I was greeted by my parents when I entered the living room, I remembered the events that unfolded yesterday night when I got home.

My mom asked me how my date went, and I figured I should just tell them the truth. They were both happy of me, my mom even shed a few tears. An exaggeration, if you ask me. But I'm happy they're happy for me.

After eating a quick breakfast, I prepared myself for school.

Today was going be an exhausting day, and I knew it, for more reasons than one. After mentally preparing myself for what's to come, I head back out to the living and put on my shoes.

"I'll be going now," I said goodbye to my parents before leaving the house.

As usual, it felt relaxing walking in our quiet neighborhood. Along the way I would sometimes be greeted by people living here, there was somewhat a sense of community.

Before I could get too lost in my thoughts, I arrived in front a familiar sight, Yuki's house. Sending her a message, I decided to wait outside.

Not too long after, Yuki opened the door and walked over to me.

"Good morning, Kiyo~" she greeted me cheerfully.

"Good morning, Yuki. Shall we go?"

"Yep! Let's go!" she said before clinging onto my arm, "We're a couple now, so I now have the right to do this all the time!"

"Right," I sighed, "Just be ready to be bombarded with questions when we arrive at school."

"Hehe, I don't mind. But, do you not like me doing this, Kiyo?"

"No, it's not that. You know me, I don't really like attracting attention."

"Don't worry, just survive the first few days and then the attention will be gone. That's always what happens when a new couple is born."

"I guess so. You seem to be enjoying this though, aren't you?"

"Of course I am! And I'm not letting go any time soon! Plus, I have to let other people know what's mine," she quietly muttered that last part.

"Why do other people have to know anyway?"

"Heh?! You heard?"

"I mean you're really close right now, even if you whisper something I can hear it."

"Hmph. Well, since it seems like you've been living under a rock, I'll let you in on something. You're really popular amongst the girls, a lot have their eyes on you. That's why I have to assert my dominance," she teased.