Chapter VIII - Have No Fear

I still had another 45 minutes left until my next class because my godfather cancelled the second lesson of potions.

I decided to go to the library and look through my DADA book before class, that way I'd already be aware of the things we'll possibly discuss in the lesson.
I opened the book.

Lesson 1: Have No Fear
Boggarts
...
Now, the fears represented by a Boggart may well be tangible fears that, normally, fall under the fear of the physical. But because we are discussing a Boggart, we look to the fear of the conscious. This is because a Boggart has no distinct form - when it is alone in the cupboard, like the one you see here at the front of the classroom, it has no known form.
...

"Hm" , I thought to myself "pretty interesting".
I've read a couple more pages and eventually the 45 minutes passed and it was time to go to my next class.

"Welcome everyone! I am professor Lupin and will be your new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher this year"

You could hear mumbling going on in the class. I spotted Hermione Granger and her two friends between the Gryffindors.

"Now, does anyone know what a Boggart is?", professor Lupin asked.

I rose my hand and so did Hermione.

"Yes?" , professor Lupin turned to Hermione.

"A Boggart is a shapeshifter. It turns into a person's biggest fear. We don't know the exact form of a Boggart because it constantly changes its form"

"Very well", Lupin congratulated her.
"Inside that" he pointed at the cabinet behind him "is a Boggart".

The class gasped.

"Neville"

Neville flinched a bit.

"What do you fear the most?"

Neville mumbled something.

"Say that again please?", professor Lupin asked softly.

"Professor Snape..." , the young Gryffindor repeated.

WHAT?!
I tried so hard not to burst out laughing.
In all seriousness, that poor boy...

The class chuckled a bit, including Lupin.

"I want you to come to the front and do exactly as I tell you..." he then came up to Neville and whispered something in his ear.

"Can you do that?"

Neville nodded.

"I'm gonna open the cabinet in 3...2...1"

He opened the cabinet and surprisingly, professor Snape, my godfather, well it wasn't really my godfather, stepped out.

"Neville, I want you to shout 'Riddikulus'"

3...
...2...
...1

"RIDDIKULUS", Neville shouted while pointing his wand at Snap- I mean the Boggart.

Instead of a black cloak, professor Snape was now dressed in a green dress, bright red heels with a matching handbag and a ridiculously large hat.

The whole class was laughing now.

"Alright everyone, get in line, everyone gets to try for yourself now!" , professor Lupin announced as everyone got in line.

There were snakes, spiders and all sorts of regular fears.

It was my turn to face my biggest fear, I didn't know what it would be though.

And then I remembered.

But the door to the cabinet was already opening and there was no turning back. I watched as the Boggart spun its body and started changing its form.

The room went dark and in front of me was a navy blue car. There were people in it. Two people, to be exact. A man and a woman. Arguing. The car was on a dangerously fast highway. It all happened so fast. The man lost control of the car. The woman screamed. The vehicle spun around and crashed into a red car, going the other direction. The front window crashed and the woman flew out. The scene faded out into the sound of police sirens.

Ringing.
There was ringing in Liv's ears.
She didn't cast the Riddikulus spell.
She couldn't.

She stared, terrified, at the scene.
She couldn't move.
Why couldn't she move?
Her legs weren't listening to her.
The words repeated themselves in her mind.

Two dead.
We're sorry for your loss.
Two dead.
Two dead.
Two dead.
Two dead.
T
w
o
d
e
a
d
.