Part 23

A YEAR LATER
You and Leah celebrated your 1st wedding anniversary at home relaxing, since Leah had a game the next day.
You are talking about starting a family. You have had a couple of appointments at the clinic but it hasn't worked yet. You are still working at arsenal. The team are doing really well and you are moving up in your job. You are now assistant manager as the old one left.
It's almost the summer, arsenal are top of the league and are miles ahead meaning they just have to win this game to win the title. You are nervous as the game is against Chelsea, who are in second place.
You are on the bus heading to Stamford Bridge.
You are looking through the notes and tactical plays that you have been working on with the team. Leah walks up from the back of the bus.
Leah: "hey"
Y/n: "hey baby you okay?"
Leah sits down.
Leah: "im okay, are you?"
Y/n: "why wouldn't I be?"
Leah: "you seem tense, talk to me"
Y/n: "it's just a big game, that's all"
Leah: "yeah but you are great at your job so there's no need to worry at all, okay?"
Y/n: "okay"
Leah: "I love you"
Y/n: "I love you too"
Leah kisses you then heads back to her seat.

You get to Stamford Bridge. There are arsenal fans everywhere, you get off the coach and head straight inside. You set up the changing rooms with some new tactical analysis that the girls have been training with all week. You start feeling really sick and nervous. The girls are starting to come in but you need to run to the toilet to be sick.
You quickly walk out and throw up in the toilets.
You stay there for a few minutes just to make sure you're okay. You here someone knock on the cubicle door.
Katie: "y/n?"
Y/n: "I-I'm fine"
Katie: "I'll get Leah"
Y/n: "no"
Katie: "okay I won't but can you open the door?"
You unlock the door and sit back down with your head in the toilet.
Y/n: "I think I've eaten something"
Katie: "maybe you should talk to Jonas, you need to relax"
Y/n: "when have I ever relaxed?"
Katie: "this is true"
Katie rubs your back for a minute.
Katie: "feeling better?"
Y/n: "yeah"
Katie: "good, come on, here have my water, let's get back"
You stand up, drink some of Katie's water then head back into the changing rooms.

You are still feeling a little off, but you push through for the game.

It's the 89th minute, the score is 1-1. One of the Chelsea girls is down so the team have run over to get some water.
Y/n: "right, Meado, there's space on the right, Bright is too open, push through it, Leah, cross the ball in to meado who can either take a shot, or Viv, you can run through the middle and receive the pass from Beth, okay? They are all over the place, they are panicking. Just relax, do what I've told you, we have around 5 minutes of stoppage time so do what we've practiced okay?"
The ref blows her whistle and the girls are up and running again. Beth does exactly what you told her, Leah kicks a long ball to her and it's lands at her feet. Viv runs through the middle, Beth passes it to her and Viv shoots. It's a goal! 2-1 to The Arsenal.

The game ends. The girls all run on the pitch as they have just won the WSL. You are going to be sick again. Your run to the toilets. You pull something out of your bag. Its a pregnancy test, you have had 3 negative tests so far but this time, you are feeling more confident. You take the test and wait a minute.

With Leah, she's on the pitch celebrating with the girls. She looks around for you but can't see you. Leah: "does anyone know where my wife is?"
Steph: "toilet maybe? She'll be okay! We've just won the WSL for the 2 year running thanks to her!"
Leah: "I know!"
Leah runs up to her mum and dad in the crowd.
Amanda: "im so proud of you bubba!"
Leah: "we did it mum!"
Leah hugs them both tightly.
Amanda: "where's y/n?"
Leah: "im not sure, she'll be here in a minute"

You are sat in the cubicle hoping no one comes in. You are staring at the test. It's positive. You're pregnant. Finally you are pregnant. You are in shock. You put the test in your pocket and have a mint and head back to the pitches.
Steph: "there you are! You okay? Looks like you've seen a ghost"
Y/n: "im just in shock, we won! Where's Leah?"
Steph: "with her parents"
You look and see Leah hugging them. This is their moment so you don't go over.
Leah sees you on the pitch looking at them. She waves you over. You go up to them.
Amanda hugs you.
Amanda: "congrats y/n! This is the best feeling in the world"
Y/n: "it really is"
You smile at them all, they are so unaware you have just found out better news.
You and leah head back down to the pitch and celebrate with the girls, you are all walking around the pitch clapping the arsenal fans who are all so excited.
Y/n: "Le?"
Leah: "yeah baby?"
Y/n: "come with me"
Leah: "okay?"
You take leah to a private spot inside.
Leah: "is everything okay?"
Y/n: "it's perfect"
You pull out the pregnancy test and show leah.
Leah: "you're pregnant?!"
Y/n: "we are having a baby"
Leah picks you up and spins you around.
Leah: "we are having a baby!"
Leah kisses you over and over again, she has tears in her eyes.
Y/n: "we love you"
Leah: "I love you both too"
Leah kisses you again.
You head back out to the pitch for the trophy lift. You and Leah are smiling from ear to ear, you want to tell the world but that's not the best idea considering you'll only be 2 months pregnant.

After the trophy lift all the girls arrange to go out. You decide not to purely so they don't get suspicious with you not drinking. Leah goes with them and you stay at home. You are laid in bed looking through instagram and twitter waiting for Leah to get home.

A few hours later you wake up, you fell asleep pretty quickly as your phone is still on. You look at the time and it's 3 am. Leah isn't in bed. You call her.
Leah: "heyyyyyyyy"
Y/n: "where are you?"
Leah: "ummmm I I don't know"
Y/n: "are the girls still with you?"
Leah: "Katie and Caitlin"
Y/n: "can you put Katie on the phone please?"
Leah passes the phone to Katie.
Katie: "you good?"
Y/n: "can you tell me where you are?"
Katie: "in a club in London, why?"
Y/n: "im coming to pick Leah up"
Katie: "yeah she needs to go home, I'll send you the location"
Y/n: "okay, thanks, see you in a minute"

You go pick Leah up. You get her to bed and fall asleep next to her.

The next morning Leah is still passed out with the WSL medal around her neck. You kiss her cheek and get up. You get her some tablets and water and put them next to the bed. You head back into the living room and start making some breakfast. Around an hour later Leah comes downstairs.
Y/n: "morning"
Leah: "yea yea"
Y/n: "did you take those tablets?"
Leah: "yeah thanks babe, how did I get home?"
Y/n: "I picked you up"
Leah: "im sorry"
Y/n: "hey don't apologise, you were celebrating"
Leah: "yeah, won't be celebrating again any time soon"
Y/n: "why's that?"
Leah: "look at me, what a state"
You start laughing and kiss her head as you put her breakfast in front of her.
Leah eats breakfast without talking a lot.
Y/n: "movie day?"
Leah: "yes please"
Y/n: "okay baby come on"
Leah follows you to the sofa, you lay down, she lays in between your legs and lays her head on your chest. Leah puts her hand on your stomach.
Leah: "hi peanut, mama loves you already"
Y/n: "you know they can't hear you yet?"
Leah: "I know, still going to say it everyday"
Y/n: "I booked an appointment tomorrow to check everything's okay"
Leah: "can I come with you?"
Y/n: "babe you don't even need to ask that"
Leah ends up falling asleep half way through the first movie.
You both spend the day relaxing, literally doing nothing.

The next day you are at your midwife appointment. You are laid on the bed, Leah is holding your hand.

Midwife: "okay let's see your baby shall we?"
She scans your belly and turns the screen to face you both.
Midwife: "here you go, a very strong heart beat"
You both look at the screen.
Leah: "our baby"
Y/n: "how far along am I?"
Midwife: "9 weeks"
Y/n: "9?"
Midwife: "yes, sometimes symptoms don't arise within the first few weeks, you can still have your periods, no morning sickness"
Y/n: "but I didn't know, I was drinking up until the week I found out"
Midwife: "that won't affect the baby at all, as long as you stop now of course"
Y/n: "yeah I've stopped"
Midwife: "great! I'll print these off, I want to see you again in 3 weeks okay?"
Y/n: "perfect"
You and Leah leave the hospital looking at the scan in shock that this is happening. You get home and chill for the rest of the day. You are both laid in bed.
Leah: "we are having a baby"
Y/n: "we are"
Leah puts her hand on your stomach.
Leah: "I love you both so much"
Y/n: "we love you"
Leah kisses you softly. You fall asleep pretty quickly.

The next day Leah is leaving for the lionesses camp for the Euros.
Y/n: "im going to miss you"
Leah: "you'll see me sooner than you think babe"
Y/n: "you're gone for 6 weeks"
Leah: "you'll see me at games, I'll call you all the time, it's going to be fine babe"
Y/n: "do you think you'll be able to get time off for the 12 week scan?"
Leah: "I don't think so babe, but I'll ask sarina"
Y/n: "okay"
Leah: "my cars here so I need to go, I love you so much, and you peanut"
Leah kisses you and your belly.
Y/n: "I love you, go win it babe"
Leah: "we will"
Leah kisses you again then leaves.

You and baby are alone. For 6 weeks. You and Leah agreed not to tell anyone about the baby until the 12 week scan, even your families so you feel well and truly alone.