Part 9

You and Leah travel back to London that night, Leah can't miss training, but you have been given time off. Even though you aren't going to take it. It's not what your dad would want you keep telling people, lucy said the same thing, you both want to keep going, for him.

You get back to your flat, it's 2am, you are so tired that you fall asleep the second your head hits the pillow. Leah climbs in next to you and you cuddle up to her in your sleep. She kisses your head.
Leah: "I love you" she whispers as she falls asleep too.
The next day you head into training, you haven't told any of the team, only Steph and Jonas know.
Jonas sees you walk into the meeting room.
Jonas: "y/n, I'm so sorry"
Y/n: "it's okay"
Jonas: "please take time off"
Y/n: "it's not what he would want me to do Jonas, he never wanted me or lucy to put our careers on hold for him"
Jonas: "okay, well if there's anything I can do, if it gets too much please let me know."
You nod and sit down, Leah is still in the changing room with the girls.

Steph: "is y/n back already?"
Leah: "yeah, I tried to get her to take a couple days off at least but she's too stubborn for that"
Steph: "is she going to tell the team? They keep asking me what happened"
Leah: "yeah she's planning on doing it after training"
Steph: "okay"

The girls head into the meeting room. They all see you and hug you.
Beth: "you alright kiddo?"
Y/n: "all good"
Leah and Steph look at each other knowing that you aren't okay.
The meeting starts, Jonas talks tactics about the game vs reading on Sunday.
Training starts and you out a good shift in, you are pressing and working hard to get the ball back. You are beating the defenders and scoring some really good goals.
After training you sit on the ground out of breath. You start crying, Jonas sees this and sits next to you.
Jonas: "you trained really well today y/n, he'd be proud of you"
Y/n: "I know he is, can you erm tell the girls to meet me in the meeting room please?"
Jonas: "of course"
Jonas stands up and tells the girls to go to the meeting room. Leah comes over to you and helps you up.
Leah: "ready?"
Y/n: "can you stay next to me?"
Leah: "im not going anywhere babe"
She kisses you and holds your hand as you start walking to the meeting room where all the girls are.
You walk in, you stand at the front.
Y/n: "erm so you know I had to leave training the other day early because of a family emergency."
The girls nod and you start tearing up, Leah hold your hand tighter and gives you a comforting smile.
Y/n: "well my dad, he erm had a heart attack in Barcelona, which is where he lived with my mum for like 3 months, sorry I'm rambling. He erm died yesterday early in the morning which is why I haven't been in"
All the girls instantly stand up and hug you, you start crying more as Leah holds your hand still.
Y/n: "im okay, lucy is okay, she's got Keira, my mum seems to be doing okay, she's staying with them for a while"
The girls all give you another hug. They all tell you that they are here for you whenever. You give them a weak smile.
Jonas comes into the room and tells everyone to get to recovery. You and Leah hang back a little bit.
Leah: "im proud of you babe"
Y/n: "I love you, so much. And my dad loved you"
Leah kisses you, you hug her tightly.

You both head to recovery, you are sat on the edge of the pool alone, this thinking about your dad. You get your phone out and listen to the voicemail you got when you signed for arsenal, which you never managed to listen to.
He says:
"My beautiful daughter, I'm so proud of you, I'm so proud of the lady you have become. I'm sorry for not coming to every game possible, I'm sorry for never texting you after a win, big or small. But signing for arsenal, wow, I've never had a feeling of pride in my heart as I do now. You are my baby, my little girl, who is playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. You deserve this sweetheart, you got your big break. Now go shine for me, shine brighter than the rest. I love you my sweet girl. Talk soon"

You are crying, floods of tears, you get up and leave the pool room. Heading his voice, heading how proud is was of you, you couldn't cope. You sit down on the edge of the pitches. You are crying so much you can barely see. You notice someone walking towards you but you can't make out who it is through the tears. She sits next to you and pulls you into her.
Steph: "it's okay y/n, it's alright, let it all out"
You keep crying, you feel like you can't stop crying, after 15 minutes you stop. Your body is so drained from all the emotions, Steph is still holding you. You fall asleep.
Steph rings Leah, who wanted to come and see you before Steph said that she would go.
Leah: "is she okay? Where is she?"
Steph: "she just stopped crying and has fallen asleep."
Leah: "where?"
Steph: "we are on the pitches"
Leah: "okay, I'm coming"