Part 8

Skipping to the start of the season, the first game is against Aston Villa. You are starting as Beth and Viv are both injured for another 2 weeks. You are nervous due it being your first game in the WSL.

You all head to the emirates on the bus. You are sat next to Leah who knows you are nervous so she's trying to keep your mind off of the game.
Leah: "so this week, we have a couple days off, my mum has invited us to hers, Jacob is back for a couple weeks so"
Y/n: "yeah that will be nice"
You look out of the window.
Leah: "babe, there's no need to be nervous, you can do this"
Y/n: "it's just I don't know, the first game, my first game. I'm still getting hate online and I'm just yeah I'm not looking forward to it."
Leah: "babe, those people are just jealous, they will love you when you score and it will all go away"
Y/n: "I hope so"
Leah kisses your cheek and holds your hand as you pull into the car park. Tonnes of fans are crowded around to watch you all get off the bus.
You get off after Leah, fans are screaming your name, you smile at them and realise that they already love you.

You all head out ready for kick off, the emirates is sold out. A huge crowd, you look around and realise how big this club is, and how grateful you are to be a part of that.

The game starts slow, but in arsenals favour. You have a couple of chances but no goal yet.
34th minute, Leah has the ball, you make a run down the left, she crosses the ball to you perfectly, it lands in your feet, you start running around defenders, tricking them and getting past each one. It's just you vs the keeper, you shoot, with power, you follow the ball from your feet with your eyes and see that it's heading to the top corner. It lands in the back of the net. The crowd erupts, you celebrate with the team, your nerves have completely gone. Now you feel confident that you can play at this level.
The game finishes 2-0, both of the goals are yours.
You are clapping all the fans when Leah comes up behind you. She kisses your cheek and hugs you.
Leah: "im so proud of you"
Y/n: "thanks for the assists"
Leah: "always my love"
You smile at her with so much love in your eyes, Leah sees Rachel walking over to you.
Rach: "hey"
Y/n: "hey Rach"
Leah: "I'll leave you guys to talk"
She kisses you then runs off to Beth and Caitlin.
Rach: "how are you?"
Y/n: "im good"
Rach: "great game, you played really well"
Y/n: "thanks"
Rach: "I erm just wanted to say that I miss you still"
Y/n: "look Rach I'm with Leah, I don't miss you anymore, I did, but you broke my heart so"
Rach: "and that was the biggest mistake of my life"
Y/n: "it happened, you need to move on"
Rach: "but I want you, I still love you"
Y/n: "what?"
Rach: "I still love you"
You start to walk off without saying anything back.
Rach: "y/n please, you are the love of my life, I want you, I need you"
Y/n: "leave me alone Rach"
Rach: "marry me y/n"
You look at her, you stay silent.
Rach: "please, marry me"
You stay silent as leah walks over to you both.
Leah: "what?"
Rach: "nothing Leah"
Rachel walks off down the tunnel without saying a word to anyone.
Leah: "what did she say to you?"
Y/n: "a load of bullshit"
Leah: "like?"
Y/n: "she asked me to marry her"
Leah: "what?!"
Y/n: "It doesn't matter babe"
Leah: "why are you protecting her? Did you tell her no?"
Y/n: "I didn't say anything"
Leah: "right okay"
Y/n: "I love you le, I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say"
Leah: "yeah right, go ahead marry her, she can have you"
Leah walks off, leaving you confused and upset in the middle of the pitch.
You walk down the tunnel a couple of minutes later, Leah isn't in the changing room. You get ready to leave to go back home when she walks in. She doesn't look at you, she grabs her things and leaves to get on the bus.
You sigh and grab your things too.
Steph: "you alright?"
Y/n: "mhm"
Steph: "what's going on?"
Y/n: "nothing"
You walk off and get on the bus. Leah is sat at the back next to Beth and Rafa, you look at her but she looks away from you.
You sit down on your own and put your headphones in. The bus heads back to the training ground, you all get off and head to your cars. You see Leah getting into Rafas car, you look at her. She glances at you and gets in Rafa drives off. Steph walks over to you.
Steph: "what's going on? Why did Leah get in Rafas car?"
You tear up, you can't talk.
Steph hugs you and you just sob. Steph tries to calm you down, but it's not working.
Steph: "y/n? It's all going to be alright, just tell me what happened"
You start to explain what happened with you and Rach, Steph starts getting annoyed at Leah for being so angry for no reason.
Steph: "come stay at mine tonight, you shouldn't be alone after that"
Y/n: "I think I need to be"
Steph: "are you sure?"
Y/n: "yeah"
Steph: "well I'll drive you to yours, I'll pick you up in the morning for training. You shouldn't drive when you are this upset"
Y/n: "thanks Steph"
Steph: "always kid"
Steph drives you home, you thank her again and walk in the flat. The flat you share with Leah, you tear up again thinking that it's over, that you have ruined everything.
You get straight into bed, you don't sleep, you can't sleep.
The next morning you get up, have a shower and wait for Steph to pick you up. You can't eat anything, you just have a coffee which doesn't wake you up at all.
Steph picks you up and notices in your eyes that you didn't sleep much.
Steph: "you alright?"
Y/n: "mhm"
Steph doesn't say anything else, she drives to the training ground, you see Leah laughing with Rafa and Beth. Completely unfazed by what happened yesterday.
Steph: "stick with me today, I've got you"
Y/n: "thanks Steph"
Steph: "always"
You get out of the car, Leah sees you but you don't look at her. You head straight into the changing room and get ready for the meeting and recovery.
Just as you are about to head into the meeting room you get a phone call.
Y/n: "Luce, I'm so happy you called I need you"
Lucy: "y/n"
You sense the sadness in her voice.
Y/n: "what's happened?"
Lucy: "it's dad"
You tear up more than you already were.
Y/n: "wh-what about him?"
Lucy: "he's in hospital y/n, you need to get to Barcelona."
Y/n: "what happened?"
Lucy: "he had a heart attack, he's on life support"
You zone out, you drop your phone, this can't be happening you are thinking.
Steph walks out of the changing room and sees you. She comes over and sees you crying.
Y/n: "my dad"
Steph: "what about him?"
Y/n: "he-he's had a heart attack"
Lucy is still on the phone trying to get you to pick it up.
Lucy: "y/n? Y/n!"
Steph takes it.
Steph: "lucy it's steph"
Lucy: "is she alright??"
Steph: "she needs to get to Barcelona right?"
Lucy: "yeah as quick as possible"
Y/n: "I need to go"
Steph: "okay, I'll tell Jonas okay?"
You just nod, you take your phone and run. You run to your car and head straight to the airport.
Steph tells Jonas. The meeting starts.
Jonas: "okay, y/n has had a family emergency so she won't be here for a week maybe more, so everyone needs to up their game okay?"
Leah whispers to steph.
Leah: "what happened?"
Steph: "why should I tell you after what you said to her yesterday?"
Leah just sinks in her seat. She knows what she said was wrong, what she did was wrong. Now she just wants to protect you from whatever is happening but she knows she can't do anything.
Jonas goes through the training plan for this week.
After the meeting, Leah tries to call you, it goes straight to voicemail.
Leah: "fucksake"
She tries again but it does the same thing.
Steph: "she's on the plane Leah, no point trying"
Leah: "look I know I said some pretty shit things. Please just tell me what's going on?"
Steph: "y/n needs to tell you, not me."
Steph walks off to get to recovery.