✦ surprise ╔ fluff ╗

// leorio has a good surprise for kurapika //

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

it was a warm and sunny day, which also meant that is was pretty hot. kurapika had just finished the final preparations for their wedding in 2 weeks.

he was nervous but also really happy, he felt bad about how much it costed leorio, even though he did have a ton of money now that he was a doctor, of course he got that job to help people, the money was just a great bonus.

kurapika has a good amount of money also but leorio insisted to pay for everything, and that meant everything, but kurapika did persuade the doctor so he could at least pay for some of the wedding decorations.

anyways, the blonde had just been sitting down in their apartment, it was around the time leorio came home usually. the sun was beginning to set so kurapika just got up to get dinner ready.

he went to the stove and began to cook some pasta with chicken, while he was waiting for the pasta to boil he began to make mashed potatos and green beans. he always enjoyed cooking because it reminded him of the days with his family, his mother teaching him how to cook.

it made him happy that now, he could cook for leorio, and occasionally his friends and other people he knew.

after about an hour had passed, the food was all ready, so he set the table up with two plates for him and leorio. he added some cups of wine and it was all set, now it was time to wait for leorio to arrive home.

right as he was thinking of when the doctor will get home, he hear the door unlocking.

"hey pika! sorry it's been a long day at work," he said as he made way into their small apartment.

kurapika smiled as he saw his fiancé and motioned him to sit down with him at the table, "your dinner is ready mister leorio" he said as the doctor took a seat with him.

"mmm this looks better then my dinner a few weeks ago," leorio laughed as kurapika gave him an annoyed look, "yeah your cookies tasted like ass, anyways how was your day at work?"

leorio looked at him, "work was alright, it made me happy when the little boy i helped give surgery to a few weeks ago gave me a hug." kurapika just smiled and listened to leorio talk.

they ate while having a nice conversation, asking eachother about their days and other things, until leorio got silent, "kurapika, i have to tell you something," kurapika started to get nervous as leorio cleared out his throat.

"what is it?" kurapika said with a shaky voice, "let's just finish our dinner! then i'll tell you, 0k?" kurapika nodded in agreement, of course he was in a happy relationship with leorio but he still worried often that leorio would leave him or find someone better.

✦•············································•✦

time passed and they had both finished up their dinner, still having some wine left, they sipped it until their was none left, expect kurapika refilled his glass for the third time, needing to get rid of the bad thoughts in his mind.

at the table they sat, it got quiet, until leorio shouted out, "remember when i said i had something to tell you?" leorio randomly blurted out, "mhm!" kurapika just hummed, "well i bought us a house!"

"really?" kurapika got excited and his eyes widened, his red orbs gleaming.

he always wished to live with the person he loved. "but i may have told killua, gon, and alluka they can live with us but the house has three bedrooms and it is pretty big heh," leorio said and kurapikas mouth just opened.

he ran up to give leorio a big hug, "oh leorio this is the best day ever, i mean, ive always wanted a family again, and now i have it so i'm just very happy." even though kurapika was insecure of crying infront of people, he couldn't help it, and now leorio was beginning to get teary eyed.

"well! we move in next week so we better get packing soon! even though i also was gonna buy new furniture anyways," kurapika just smiled at him, "leorio, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the money to do all this? i mean i know you're a doctor but damn."

"well sunshine, i've actually been saving for this moment for a long time now, but don't worry your yellow little head about it, how about we watch a movie!" leorio said an the blonde raised his eyebrow, "my yellow little what?" leorio just brushed him off.

so after doing the dishes, the two cuddled up in the couch, the decided to watch the movie 'lilo and stitch' watching happily. "leorio i'm really happy to be here with you, even if we didn't get a house, i just hope you know that." leorio sniffled, like he was about to cry.

"aweee you're so adorable," he said as he hugged him, kurapika breathing hard, "hey let go you're squeezing me to hard!" he coughed ohh as leorio let go, "oops sorry heh."

after some time passed, the movie ended. "so maybe we should buy boxes tomorrow to start packing? next week is pretty quick so move," kurapika said more to himself, but leorio replied "yeah but luckily this is a really small apartment." he laughed and kurapika shook his head agreeing.

"just leave the packing to me! i'll get it all organized while you just worry about bringing the boxes to the new house!" kurapika said, he was really good at organizing items better, and since leorio was gonna buy new furniture, they could just donate their current items such as their couch and bed.

"sounds good babe!" kurapika just cringed at that pet name, "don't call me that."

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

hope this was good! even though these are meant to be one shots, some of them will follow as a story!

<3