Next to you

Summary: You're sick and try to keep Kurt at a distance. He soon longs for you
---------------------------------------------

The door slowly slides open. Light streams into the completely dark room.

You groan and turn in your bed, away from the light. Footsteps come toward you. "Kurt, you know it's no offense, but go away! I don't want you to get sick." You try to stop your lover with a raspy voice.

He stops. "But I want to hold you in my arms again. Besides, the sofa is rock hard." His footsteps settle back into gear. In a moment, he'll be standing right next to you. "And it's not particularly big, either."

"But I don't want you to get sick!"

You almost made it through the cold without infecting Kurt. He's been nursing you the last few days. Again and again he came into your room like a caring mother and asked if you needed anything. Kurt brought you tea and soups. In the meantime your cold has gotten better, but not completely gone.

Despite your illness, he often tried to lie down with you. During the night he entered the room and crept up to you. Kurt slowly lowered his body onto the mattress. But because of your cold, your sleep wasn't very deep anyway and you woke up immediately. He tried to move as little as possible, hoping you wouldn't notice him. And thus also not the deepening in the mattress.

Kurt now stops a little bit away from you, accepting your request not to come closer. For now. "I won't get sick, my love."

"Honey, it's only two more days. I'll be fine then." Your voice is weak.

It's quiet. Kurt doesn't answer anymore and you wonder if he has left the room.

"Kurt? Are you still there?"

Suddenly he's standing right in front of you. The light shines against Kurt's back, exposing his slender outline. Before that, he avoided the brightness. "I don't care if I get sick. Understand this please. I just want to hold you in my arms." Kurt's voice sounds tortured. So very tortured. He sounds like he's about to cry because his longing for you is so strong. It breaks your heart to see him suffer.

You exhale and slide to the side. "Alright, then lie down with me." You pat the empty spot next to you. "But don't complain if you feel bad later and get sick."

Kurt places himself next to you and gently wraps his arm around your waist. So gently, as if you could break at any moment. He pulls you to his chest and exhales in relief. "Finally. I've been wanting to do that for the last few days."

A soft chuckle creeps over your lips. It's sweet that he missed you so much.

Kurt continues to speak. "And if I get sick, then that's the way it is. I'll deal with that when the time comes. Right now I want to enjoy this moment."

"Then do that. I won't run away." You drop deeper into your soft pillow. "Is it okay if I sleep?"

"Absolutely. You need to get well." Kurt's lips gently press a kiss to the back of your head as he pulls the blanket over your ailing body. "Sleep tight honey."

You close your eyes, sure you'll feel much better tomorrow. Maybe it's because of sleep, or maybe it's because Kurt is lying next to you.