Braiding

Summary: Kurt braids your hair

Warning: smoking

------------------------------------------------

"Honey I need your help." You walk through the house looking for Kurt. As you close the bedroom door behind you, you hear soft noises coming from the living room. You slowly walk closer and realize that it is a melody.

You quietly open the door and enter the room. Kurt sits on a chair, his guitar on his lap.

You watch his jaw move back and forth as he plays, concentrating. Blond strands have come loose and fall into his face. Between his fingers he holds a cigarette.

You admire him from the doorway until he eventually looks up. Blue eyes meet yours.

"Hey, I didn't mean to disturb you." You take a few steps into the room. "You didn't." His eyes leave yours only as he takes a drag on his cigarette. "What's wrong?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to braid my hair?" Kurt smiles at you. "Of course." He puts his guitar down on the couch next to him.

You walk up to him and push his knees apart. "Spread your legs. I want to sit on the floor in front of you."

Kurt blows smoke laughing. He opens his legs, you sit down in front of him. Kurt combs your hair with his fingers.

"Your hair is so soft." He leans forward to the table and taps the ashes. His chest touches the back of your head. You look up to him.

"Can I braid a strand of your hair, too?" You ask. As Kurt laughs his dimples appear. "If you want." He leans toward you and kisses your forehead. "But for now, it's your turn." His leg touches your shoulder.

"Let me have a turn too." You say before lowering your head and pulling the cigarette out from between his lips.

While you smoke, Kurt braids your hair. Again and again he asks if he is hurting you, which you deny every time.

"You are beautiful darling." Kurt whispers in your ear, signaling that he's done. "Thank you."

You lean on Kurt's knees and stand up. "Now it's your turn." You stub out the cigarette, then clap your hands.

You stand next to Kurt. "Just sit there." You command him. "That makes me so happy." A wave of joy rolls over you.

You embrace Kurt's face and kiss him. He smiles with pleasure. Then you start braiding a strand. When you are done, Kurt inspects your work with his hand.

"Love, you are so good at this." He says.

"Thanks honey." You give him a kiss and sit down on the couch next to his guitar.

Kurt looks at you smiling until he suddenly reaches for his guitar. He starts to play a melody.

"This song is for you Y/N." He says, as if he were playing in front of a large audience.

You grin as he begins to sing. His raspy voice repeats the same words over and over:

I love you Y/N!