Season2 : Chapter 29: Cozy Home

As Lucy stepped out of the car, she felt a strange sense of both trepidation and excitement

As Lucy stepped out of the car, she felt a strange sense of both trepidation and excitement. The setting sun painted the sky with hues of pink and orange, casting a warm glow over the familiar neighborhood she called home.
As she walked up the familiar pathway, Lucy noticed the flowers in her garden swaying gently in the evening breeze. The sweet fragrance of roses and lavender filled the air, instantly calming her senses. The sound of chirping birds echoed in the background, adding a touch of serenity to the atmosphere.

Unlocking the front door, Lucy stepped inside and was greeted by the comforting scent of her favorite candle, vanilla mixed with a hint of cinnamon. The cozy ambiance of her home welcomed her like an old friend. The soft, warm lighting from the lamps and the flickering flames of the fireplace created a soothing atmosphere.

It felt she has gone for years from home.

As Lucy settled into the comfort of her home, she heard the familiar sound of footsteps approaching from the hallway. Turning her head, she saw her dad, Mr. Thompson Miller, pulling a couple of suitcases behind him. He looked a little weary from the journey but had a smile on his face when he saw Lucy.

"How you feel now Lucy?"

"Awesome dad."

As Lucy's mom, Mrs. Thompson, joined them in the living room, she let out a soft sigh, mirroring her husband's weariness.

They brought the suitcases to the guest room, where Lucy's parents would be staying during their visit. Lucy noticed how the room had been thoughtfully prepared for their arrival, with fresh sheets, a vase of flowers on the bedside table, and a small basket of snacks and treats.

Feeling satisfied that her parents were comfortably settled, Lucy decided it was time for a well-deserved rest herself. She made her way to her own bedroom, which was just down the hall from the guest room. As she entered, she noticed her bed had been neatly made, and the curtains were drawn to create a soothing, dim-lit atmosphere.

Falling onto her soft mattress, Lucy felt the exhaustion from the day wash over her. She closed her eyes, letting her body relax, and soon drifted off into a peaceful nap.

After a refreshing rest, Lucy woke up to the gentle sound of a knock on her bedroom door. "Come in," she called out.

The door opened, and there stood her aunt, whom she fondly referred to as Aunt Maggie. With a warm smile, Aunt Maggie stepped inside and gave Lucy a big hug. "Welcome back, my dear!" she exclaimed. "Congratulations on your graduation from Carlton High! We're all so proud of you."

Lucy beamed at her aunt's enthusiastic greeting. "Thank you, Aunt Maggie. It's so good to see you," she said, feeling the love and warmth of her extended family.

"I brought some freshly baked cookies for you," Aunt Maggie said, holding up a plate filled with delicious treats. "I know how much you love them."